Hans123 EA - page 2

I used version 8m_1_1. Have gain over 2000 using 1 lot for the past two weeks. The system fails in raging days but overall you should gain money.

Hans have showed that the past 3 months in live trading has brought home a lot of profit but beware the MAX drawdown experienced by hans himself is 400 over pips.

Like kalenzo said if you have enough money to be able to withstand the looses to wait for the breakouts then go ahead.

And I second what jdun said:version 8m_1_1 has never missed a trade (it has a check and repeat order function in it's code) but sometimes the odd trade will not close after 24h00 (or is it 23.59?)...

Sada

ps: jdun are you using the +/- 13 pips instead of the +/- 5 pips from the high/low rule?

I have the same problem with it too. There are very few trades that would not close at the given time. Overall I am please with version 8m_1_1 but it's only two weeks so more testing is needed.

The +5 entry EA is currently winning with over 2k profits on the demo account. The +13 entry is lossing money or near the break even point. It really strange that it happen like this. I figure the +13 entry would be safer but it is not currently.

What this EA need is to figure if it is raging day or not. Raging days are just brutal against this EA. I will post my results when I get back home.

jdun,

Do you mind saying how large your demo account is and your lot sizes? Thanks....

From recent post of hans in startegybuilder forum:

"First, you maximum risk (loss) per day is 480 pips or $4,800 (4 times 50 and 4 times 70). That's 9.6% with a $50,000 account. That's a lot of risk. Mostly for good money management you will get the advice not to risk 2% per trade. The maximum risk per trade is 70 pips (1.4%), so less than 2%. I prefer to calculate my daily risk and 9.6% is high. The last 60 trading days my biggest loss was 253 pips (5.06%). My second biggest loss was 234 pips (4.68%) and my third biggest loss was 186 pips (3.72%). More than 5% loss per day is still a lot of money, but I am willing to take that risk. My W/L ratio is 1.74 so far, that's one of the reasons.

Second, I have to look to the drawdowns. My biggest drawdown was 449 pips (8.98%). Suppose the worst is yet to come and it will be twice the drawdown I already have experienced, I have to overcome a drawdown of 900 pips (18%). I think the system can overcome such kind of drawdowns.

Last, the Kelly value is 0.1969. This means you can put almost 20% of your capital in a single trade.

From all of the reasons above I conclude you need about $50,000 to trade this system comfortable and from a realistic point of view.

Hans"

http://www.strategybuilderfx.com/forums/showpost.php?p=142057&postcount=3049

Raging days are brutal for this system but when it breaks out it break out and money rolls over like rain.

The EA I think is a little different from hans system. It has a lower SL and TP but not sure.

My current demo account is 1 million and I trade in 1 lots. I think you can trade live with 2000+ account using mini lots.

The R version use an entry of 13 pips and the one without it use 5 pip to enter the trade. I was mistaken about the profits on the 5 pips entry. For two weeks it made over 4k. I was looking at this week gain instead of the past two weeks of testing.

I stress that this EA should not go to a live account until you are comfortable with its performance.

Hans123 EA

You will find this EAs with some discussion and explanation here and here.

forexts:
Very good backtesting for gbp 1m and eur 1m.

HUGE LOSSES for me!

The way the code is writen it uses bar open price to place orders. so if your useing different time periods in your tests you will get different results.

Different data feeds make a big differents in outcome. My test yesterday for example showed a 169 pip loss, Hans data feed showed a 120 pip loss. thats 49 pip difference in just one day. Hans is useing, I believe, GFT data feed, were I used SBFX data, Pip Spread is 4 pips with SBFX! Data will make a big differences in outcome.

jpsdyb:
HUGE LOSSES for me!

Hi Jdun

do you trade this on both the currencies Hans recommended (EURUSD and GBPUSD)?

If 50,000 for a full acocunt, then 5000 for a mini should suffice (if you do not mind the risk and large DD). But over all with the big returns, it provides a good ROI. Or so it would seem

jdun:
Raging days are brutal for this system but when it breaks out it break out and money rolls over like rain.

The EA I think is a little different from hans system. It has a lower SL and TP but not sure.

My current demo account is 1 million and I trade in 1 lots. I think you can trade live with 2000+ account using mini lots.

The R version use an entry of 13 pips and the one without it use 5 pip to enter the trade. I was mistaken about the profits on the 5 pips entry. For two weeks it made over 4k. I was looking at this week gain instead of the past two weeks of testing.

I stress that this EA should not go to a live account until you are comfortable with its performance.
Reason: