Firebird EA - page 2

firebird065 settings

Hi,

I have opened the m30.set file and can't understand what these variations on the variable MA_length mean:

MA_length=10

MA_length,F=1

MA_length,1=10

MA_length,2=1

MA_length,3=15

Could you help me?

Renato

newdigital:
The Statement is updating on the post above.

newdigital:
The 3-rd group of statements is using timefilter and I was profitable with this timefilter

By timefilter you mean

a) just shut off firebird on out of working hours or

b) in addition, close all trades too?

Renato

firedave:
Hi newdigital, as from your report, it seems that Firebird give better result when using the time filter. From your answer on other post, are you test Firebird with 8-18 server time filter ? If yes, what is the server time compare to GMT ? Because I like to convert it so I could test Firebird on FxDD MT4 platform ( GMT + 2 ). Thank you in advance

About timefilter please read this post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173363/page2

Many people asked and I replied. As to broker so I am testing on Fibo Group (GMT+1).

renatops:
Hi,

I have opened the m30.set file and can't understand what these variations on the variable MA_length mean:

MA_length=10

MA_length,F=1

MA_length,1=10

MA_length,2=1

MA_length,3=15

Could you help me?

Renato

It is pre-set file and it should be it pre-set folder. When you attach EA to the chart you may click "load" and all the settings of this EA will be loaded.

And you may read about this EA here

renatops:
By timefilter you mean

a) just shut off firebird on out of working hours or

b) in addition, close all trades too?

Renato

No. Timefilter is the code to be inserted inside any EA very easy. And as a result the EA will open the orders in particular hours only but will process the already opened trades all the time. Please read this post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173363/page2

Time Filter

newdigital:
No. Timefilter is the code to be inserted inside any EA very easy. And as a result the EA will open the orders in particular hours only but will process the already opened trades all the time. Please read this post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173363/page2

Hi Newdigital,

Can you please post a MQL4 Expert with the time filter. I am new to MT and don't want to mess with codes yet.

Thank you.

FX-Hedger:
Hi Newdigital,

Can you please post a MQL4 Expert with the time filter. I am new to MT and don't want to mess with codes yet.

Thank you.

I inserted the timefiltre code with this EA. An please find the new pre-set file.

Files:

Thank you Newdigital

newdigital:
I inserted the timefiltre code with this EA. An please find the new pre-set file.

Thank you Newdigital, I'll be live testing it on some exotics currencies. Would you prefer I use a specific broker?

FX-Hedger:
Thank you Newdigital, I'll be live testing it on some exotics currencies. Would you prefer I use a specific broker?

Sometimes the data is different from different broker. I am testing this EA on Fibo Group. If you want to test it you may do it on Interbankfx. I am not testing on interbankfx it because as I know the demo account may be expaired after one month.

I am still the producing the statements and analysis. It takes a time. Because I am using the scripts to do it and there are many settings and EAs and variations of EAs.

If you want to test this EA you may do it on InterBankfx.

Why Ibfx?

newdigital:
Sometimes the data is different from different broker. I am testing this EA on Fibo Group. If you want to test it you may do it on Interbankfx. I am not testing on interbankfx it because as I know the demo account may be expaired after one month.

I am still the producing the statements and analysis. It takes a time. Because I am using the scripts to do it and there are many settings and EAs and variations of EAs.

If you want to test this EA you may do it on InterBankfx.

Dear newdigital,

Interbank fx has given me problems before. Their servers keep going off line and gaps in their data. I think PFG may be better. Let me know what you think and why you prefer IBfx?

Thanks.

FX-Hedger:
Dear newdigital,

Interbank fx has given me problems before. Their servers keep going off line and gaps in their data. I think PFG may be better. Let me know what you think and why you prefer IBfx?

Thanks.

I do not prefer IBFX. I simple do not know about IBFX. I am not using IBFX for testing. I am testing on North Finance and Fibo Group. I've never tested on IBFX. North Finance data is similar with Alpari. I am watching the trades and North Finance and Fibo did not have any disconnection. They have leverage up to 1:200 or 1:500 sometimes but it is very risky to use more than 1:200. Anyway they have 1:500 if we need it.

Reason: