Firebird EA - page 50

connecting4less:
the one im running has exactly the same results as your history about the tf

so does this one has a trailing stop???

cuz like in the past 2 days it exited based on stop and only one trade hit tp

is this the safe one?

I am running this one https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173367/page15 with and without timefilter.

Since January 2006.

Some people said that I may use this "trailingstopped version" https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173367/page17 instead of my timefiltered version. They said that it may be more safe. Because this "trailingstopped version" https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173367/page17 will manage the trades even outside timefilter's time. But I did not try this "more safe" version. may be more safe, may be not - i have no idea. I did not try. You may try. But thoretically if EA will manage open trades outside the timefilter's hours so it's fine. But, sorry, I did not test this version. You may test and compare.

By the way, this "trailingstoped version" is my modification: I changed the code according to idea of one user. But I did not test it sorry.

I am still using this versions: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173367/page15

cool thanks for your help ND, i will check which one im running once i go home, and i will test both and i can post results so we can compare them

did firebird tf place any trades on the yen last today, cuz mine didnt, i want to make sure, that everything is going fine

connecting4less:
did firebird tf place any trades on the yen last today, cuz mine didnt, i want to make sure, that everything is going fine

No any orders were close or open on USDJPY today.

It was some orders closed today for USDCHF (+27 pips) and for EURUSD (+10 pips) for non-timefiltered version. But those orders were opened yesterday.

No any trades for USDJPY today.

looking again on your performance history on the yen

firebird with the tf, you had the long trade on the 27th you ended up in profit of 36 pips but mine with hit stop and ended up with 30 pips loss

i wonder why

what do you think is wrong in my settings??

i am using the default settings you provided.

connecting4less:
looking again on your performance history on the yen

firebird with the tf, you had the long trade on the 27th you ended up in profit of 36 pips but mine with hit stop and ended up with 30 pips loss

i wonder why

what do you think is wrong in my settings??

i am using the default settings you provided.

connecting4less,

It was exactly a case to use trailingstopped version. Because trailing stop should be used outside the trading hours.

Trailing Stop is not using in simple tf version at 2 am for example. But trailingstopped version will trail the order outside the trading hours.

Look at this:

10650356 12345 2007.06.27 08:54 buy 0.10 usdjpy 122.70 123.06 123.90 2007.06.28 02:06 123.06 0.00 0.00 36.00 [/CODE]

The order was opened at 08:54 at the price 122.70. Then stop loss was moved by trailing stop to 123.06. If it is buy order so it was already in profitable area, right? So, it is related to trailingstopped version (the one i modified and suggested to test to you).

By the way, this order was fine: stop loss was moved before 18. Look at this:

2007.06.27 17:28:5 Firebird v0.65 USDJPY,M30: modify #10650356 buy 0.10 USDJPY at 122.70 sl: 122.88 tp: 123.90 ok

And check this one:

[CODE]2007.06.27 17:57:16 Firebird v0.65 USDJPY,M30: modify #10650356 buy 0.10 USDJPY at 122.70 sl: 123.06 tp: 123.90 ok

It means that stop loss was finally moved to profitable area 123.06 before 6 am.

Just check your expert log file in Metatrader folder for this date: you should have almost the same written about stop loss. may be different values but stop loss should be moved into profitable area before trading hours closing (before 18 for my broker's server).

May be it was spike in your broker? IBFX is having many spikes sometimes. Anyway, as I said above, this Firebird EA should perform differently with different versions because it was coded on open bar and high/low of the bar. And high/low of the bar is very different for different broker.

Try to test "trailingstopped" version as this version may trail already opened orders 24/7.

Firebird this Monday.

Without timefilter:

EURUSD: -130 pips. Open trades: -65 pips.

GBPUSD: 0 pips. Open trades: -13 pips.

USDJPY: 5 pips. Open trades: -57 pips.

USDCHF: -259 pips. Open trades: -68 pips.

With timefilter:

EURUSD: -130 pips. Open trades: -67 pips.

GBPUSD: 0 pips. Open trades: 0 pips.

USDJPY: 0 pips. Open trades: -57 pips.

USDCHF: -176 pips. Open trades: -68 pips.

Files:

question ND

if i use the firebird065TF and chose false for timeframe will it trade like the firebird065 that has no tf or are they coded different?

connecting4less:
question ND if i use the firebird065TF and chose false for timeframe will it trade like the firebird065 that has no tf or are they coded different?

if false for timefilter so Ea will have no any tf.

so in another word it the firebird tf set to false it will behave like the other other firebird

correct?

Reason: