Firebird EA - page 41

sbwent:
Can someone please explain to me what the bug was with Firebird? Why was it opening and closing hundreds of trades?

What was done to fix it?

The reason I ask is I am finding a similar problem in an EA I am working on.

I don't know: problem or not ...

Because those hundreds of trades are closing mostly in profit in the same day.

This EA is operating by open bar and high/low of the open bar so it may be the reason.

It was fixed (see this thread or files thread) but i stopped testing fixed version. Just testing this original version. Because this Firebird is not interesting without this "firebirding".

newdigital:
Just got few PMs and people said that they copnfused with the versions (fixed and unfixed).

Well.

This EA was fixed two times.

First fixing was very long time ago and I am testing this version since january 2006 with good results. I called this version as "unfixed version". The link to the EA and the settings are here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173367/page15

Because second fixing was about 1 month ago and seems this latest fixing version is having a bug. I tested it for a month and stopped testing. I called this version "fixed version".

Because of that people confised which was fixed, what to use, why fixed is unfixed and so on.

Please, be informed that I am still using the same version with the same settings https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173367/page15

I stopped testing "fixed version".

Original version is still running since january 2006.

Hi,

I'm testing firbird v0.65 and I don't understand why someone said it's risky. I'm using the version without timefilter and I activate it at 09:00 CET and close it at 20:00 CET. I keep positions opened during the night but don't let it open new positions. I don't close positions on saturday. Am I doing the right things?

THANKS

canados:
Hi,

I'm testing firbird v0.65 and I don't understand why someone said it's risky. I'm using the version without timefilter and I activate it at 09:00 CET and close it at 20:00 CET. I keep positions opened during the night but don't let it open new positions. I don't close positions on saturday. Am I doing the right things?

THANKS

I don't know ...

I am not activating/closing anything.

I attached this EA to the chart many months ago and did not closing/activating anything.

someone it's me

newdigital:
I don't know ...

I am not activating/closing anything.

I attached this EA to the chart many months ago and did not closing/activating anything.

someone it's me

so your computer is on 24h per 5days?

Yes.

24/5 for trading and weekend are the "statements" days.

Everything is on and under control

newdigital:
Yes.

24/5 for trading and weekend are the "statements" days.

Everything is on and under control

Do you personally trading one of the EAS with real money? Why V0.65 is risky?

THANKS

canados:
Do you personally trading one of the EAS with real money? Why V0.65 is risky? THANKS

It is risky for me.

I traded SBS, TPE, StepMAExpert_v1.45.

Now I am trying to find the settings to the news scalper created by Igorad according to Linuxser's idea about LNX_Pivots_v3 indicator (it is in elite indicators thread). EA (scalper) was not posted yet. It will be posted once I found the settings or it may be improved.

I really have no idea why fixed version has different results than original version. but I suggest to anyone who wants to use the original version to turnoff the EA on 5th of month. then it wont be risky. but I remember from excel files that this EA wont be that much profitable if we delete crazy days which are completely random and out of control.

so I personally am not interested in this EA anymore.

firebird??

if you are worried about crazy days: shorten the ma days, go to a higher chart and slightly widen the band. Just a suggestion.!

Reason: