Firebird EA - page 34

Hi, Master NewDigital,

Would you please test firebird V3.2 also? If some people said it is much better than V0.65, why not give it a shot?

Thanks.

Dance With Lions:
Hi, Master NewDigital,

Would you please test firebird V3.2 also? If some people said it is much better than V0.65, why not give it a shot?

Thanks.

I am testing Firebird EA because this EA is very classical. It's like classical literature, classical music and so on.

I found the settings for Firebird v0.65 very long time ago. So I am testing my settings. As to other EAs (other Firebird versions, or other EAs) so I need a settings.

Because usually I am getting the settings from EA creator/programmer, or from idea creator, or I am trying to find the settings by myself. I can not create the settings of other Firebird versions because it is difficult to be busy (to optimize the settings) with EA with was created long time ago outside this forum.

If I am testing SBS EA, NewsTrader, Goldwarrior and so on and if i have some question so I may ask the authors because the authors are elite members and well-known members of our forum.

All EAs (which I am testing within elite section) were created/modified by well-known elite members/programmers.

And those programmes are always on the forum.

If I test other Firebird versions so to whom I will ask? To be one by one with unknown EA ...

fifthbeatle:
NewDigital,

A few questions for you, please!

1. "Trade on Friday" -- I have a demo account with North Finance. In my EA I have "Trade On Friday" = 0, but the EA opened an order on 1/19 for both USDCHF and EURUSD. They are both 30+ pips to my favor, but, these trades should never have taken place, since "Trade On Friday" = 0, correct? Any idea why these trades were made? I think you are using trading hours of 8 and 17, vs. the 8 and 18 as the EA was originally written. I am using 8 and 18, would this be the problem?

Which EA?

fifthbeatle:
2. Swap on my statements, but not on yours --Some of my trades last long enough that I have +/- swap, but your statements don't show any swap. Again, do you have any idea why? I am in the Central Time zone in USA, but don't think my time zone has anything to do with this, does it? What matters is when my trades are executed on North Finance's server, in relation to GMT, correct?

I am taking the statements in pips and using the script created by Igorad especially for me. So it is not visible any swap if my statements are in pips. Just pips (points) only.

If I am taking the statements in deposit currency (in dollars) so I have swap of course.

It is nothing with broker, GMT or anything. It is just a script which I am using to make the statements: this script is not showing me the swap if in pips. And everything is ok if in deposit currency.

fifthbeatle:
3. Pre-Set file for Firebird v065tf -- there is much more information/more settings in the pre-set file for the Time Frame version of Firebird, than there are actuall variables in the EA. How is that additional information/additional settings used by the EA, if there is no area within the EA to incorporate all that additional information?

Settings with timefilter is the same as witout timefilter. The only difference is this 'timefilter'. I am testing this EA with North Finance broker with timefilter 8-17. Check file's thread in elite section: it should be the link to the pre-set files.

Files:

I am trying both Firebird now

V0.65 and V3.12

Both are profit in open position now,

I think they have a very similar entry and exit for trading,

Maybe we should ask wackena coz he is the one who post the V3.12

Questions about Firebird EA

Originally Posted by fifthbeatle

NewDigital,

A few questions for you, please!

1. "Trade on Friday" -- I have a demo account with North Finance. In my EA I have "Trade On Friday" = 0, but the EA opened an order on 1/19 for both USDCHF and EURUSD. They are both 30+ pips to my favor, but, these trades should never have taken place, since "Trade On Friday" = 0, correct? Any idea why these trades were made? I think you are using trading hours of 8 and 17, vs. the 8 and 18 as the EA was originally written. I am using 8 and 18, would this be the problem?

Which EA?

The EA I was referring to was the v0.65tf. After I posted my questions, I looked at you open-pip statement, and noticed you had the same trades still open over this past weekend which I was asking about, so, I'm not as concerned as I was! Still, don't quite understand why v0.65tf opened trades on 1/19 if we have Trade on Friday = 0......

fifthbeatle:
The EA I was referring to was the v0.65tf. After I posted my questions, I looked at you open-pip statement, and noticed you had the same trades still open over this past weekend which I was asking about, so, I'm not as concerned as I was! Still, don't quite understand why v0.65tf opened trades on 1/19 if we have Trade on Friday = 0......

Code of Firebird EA is very complicated to me. I spent one hour looking inside the code. All that I understand that EA is openning some orders (means original ones) and then EA may open the other orders. So probable this TradeOnFriday is related to some trades and not related to all trades which EA will open.

But to know it exactly it is necessary to understand the code fully but I am not sorry.

newdigital,

I have been back testing this EA in many different ways and I haven't been able to get nearly the results you got over this past week. I got 116 pips in this week running under your settings file. Maybe there is something I am missing here? I added a month result.

Thanks for your time,

Chris

chris1085:
newdigital,

I have been back testing this EA in many different ways and I haven't been able to get nearly the results you got over this past week. I got 116 pips in this week running under your settings file. Maybe there is something I am missing here? I added a month result.

Thanks for your time,

Chris

You backtested but I forward tested (means traded live). That is different between becktesting and testing live. Besides as I see inside the code this EA is operating on open bar and on opeb bar's high/low si backtesting results for those kind of EAs are not valid at all.

As to last week so I got the following:

EURUSD: pips this week 84;

GBPUSD: pips this week 123;

USDJPY: pips this week 6;

USDCHF: pips this week -50;

Totally +163 pips.

If we can rely on backtesting results so why I am testing live many EAs during the one year?

Of course it is an idea to compare live results with backtesting. But as I said I saw inside the code of this EA that sometimes this version of Firebird is operating on open bar (and very often). It is not good and not bad. It means that no any backtesting resuls based on "every tick..." or "fractals ..." are valid.

Ya that's what I figured. I just wanted to be sure was not missing anything obvious. I am not to familiar with MT yet. I must admit though, I am starting to fall in love with it.

Thanks,

Chris

newdigital:
You backtested but I forward tested (means traded live). That is different between becktesting and testing live. Besides as I see inside the code this EA is operating on open bar and on opeb bar's high/low si backtesting results for those kind of EAs are not valid at all.

As to last week so I got the following:

EURUSD: pips this week 84;

GBPUSD: pips this week 123;

USDJPY: pips this week 6;

USDCHF: pips this week -50;

Totally +163 pips.

If we can rely on backtesting results so why I am testing live many EAs during the one year?

Of course it is an idea to compare live results with backtesting. But as I said I saw inside the code of this EA that sometimes this version of Firebird is operating on open bar (and very often). It is not good and not bad. It means that no any backtesting resuls based on "every tick..." or "fractals ..." are valid.

Some figures here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173383/page51

Reason: