Envelope 2.11 - page 14

delsule:
I am using the same expert as you with the same presets. What could be the problem in placing the orders ? Is it important you set the magic number if you not using other experts on the same currency? All mine are set to 0 since I am only using Envelope expert to that metatrader instance.

I am using one pre-set file for all the pairs.

And yes, magic numbers should be different because EA is selecting the magic number figures (two last figures) automatically to each order (3 sell stop and 3 buy stop for each pair). So each order is having the different magic number. All you need to do is to select magic numbers for each trading pairs keeping last two 0 without any changing.

So I have the following magic numbers:

EURUSD 11000

GBPUSD 12000

USDJPY 13000

USDCHF 14000

AUDUSD 15000

USDCAD 16000

newdigital:
I am using one pre-set file for all the pairs.

And yes, magic numbers should be different because EA is selecting the magic number figures (two last figures) automatically to each order (3 sell stop and 3 buy stop for each pair). So each order is having the different magic number. All you need to do is to select magic numbers for each trading pairs keeping last two 0 without any changing.

So I have the following magic numbers:

EURUSD 11000

GBPUSD 12000

USDJPY 13000

USDCHF 14000

AUDUSD 15000

USDCAD 16000

Indeed, the magic numbers make the difference. After adding them my stop orders got placed. Strange.

Thanks.

Questions

OK, I'm brand new to Forex and just opened up a Demo account, although I've been intently studying things for the last 5 months. The one at work is from FXDD and the one at home is Alpari.

These data feeds, I believe, have different time offsets from GMT for the data.

1) Is there any adjustment that I need to make in the Properties to account for this, or is it oblivious to it because it's a technical indicator?

2) Has anyone looked at the trading wrt to big bang fundamental releases (e.g. Non-Farm Payroll) to see if it's better/worse to sit that out?

3) Is anyone live trading this?

Thanks,

MarkC.

67-17454:
OK, I'm brand new to Forex and just opened up a Demo account, although I've been intently studying things for the last 5 months. The one at work is from FXDD and the one at home is Alpari.

These data feeds, I believe, have different time offsets from GMT for the data.

1) Is there any adjustment that I need to make in the Properties to account for this, or is it oblivious to it because it's a technical indicator?

2) Has anyone looked at the trading wrt to big bang fundamental releases (e.g. Non-Farm Payroll) to see if it's better/worse to sit that out?

3) Is anyone live trading this?

Thanks,

MarkC.

Some answere you may find on this thread.

As to this Envelope EA soI am using the version from the post #95, with pre-set file for EURUSD (posted on this Emvelope thread somewhere) and with magic numbers explaned on this thread as well.

DecreaseFactor

newdigital,

Can you please explain how this piece of code work in the Envelope EA

if(losses>1) lot=NormalizeDouble(lot-lot*losses/DecreaseFactor,1);

What is happening when the EA make a loss?

Thanks,

Roets

Roets:
newdigital,

Can you please explain how this piece of code work in the Envelope EA

if(losses>1) lot=NormalizeDouble(lot-lot*losses/DecreaseFactor,1);

What is happening when the EA make a loss?

Thanks,

Roets

When EA makes a loss the next order will be opened with decreased size. I am not using MM with this EA: I changed MaximumRisk to zero.

This MM is risky for me.

Hello,

I'm new to the Elite Section, and I have been browsing around for a while and got impressed with this EA's results. However, I have some questions. If someone can give me some light about this, I'd appreciate alot :

1. I installed Alpari MT4, and placed the EA on 3 pairs. Immediatly, it placed 1 buy stop and 1 sell stop, with 3 tp on each. Is this normal and correct? And the system will only place these orders once a day? No S/L?

2. I only have a demo on Alpari, and my live account is at other broker who doesn't use MT4. Is it possible to make this EA give me some sort of alert when a new order has to be placed, instead of placing it automatically? If yes, how can I do it?

3. What is the trading system behind this EA? Rules/indicators/etc?

Thanks in advance,

Gambitt

Gambitt:
Hello,

I'm new to the Elite Section, and I have been browsing around for a while and got impressed with this EA's results. However, I have some questions. If someone can give me some light about this, I'd appreciate alot :

1. I installed Alpari MT4, and placed the EA on 3 pairs. Immediatly, it placed 1 buy stop and 1 sell stop, with 3 tp on each. Is this normal and correct? And the system will only place these orders once a day? No S/L?

2. I only have a demo on Alpari, and my live account is at other broker who doesn't use MT4. Is it possible to make this EA give me some sort of alert when a new order has to be placed, instead of placing it automatically? If yes, how can I do it?

3. What is the trading system behind this EA? Rules/indicators/etc?

Thanks in advance,

Gambitt

Use pre-set file. It was posted on this thread. It should be 3 sell stop and 3 buy stop orders for each pair. And use right magic numbers (it was posted on this thread as well). Of course all the orders are having stop loss. Use pre-set file.

You may use "Ask manual confirmation" in EA's options.

May be it is enough.

If not we should modify this EA for the alert.

Trading system was described in this thread (somebody already did it). As I understand it is Envelopes indicator (standard one). Try to read this thread to find.

Magic Numbers

delsule:
Indeed, the magic numbers make the difference. After adding them my stop orders got placed. Strange. Thanks.

Could anyone explain to us how to modify the magic numbers to what newdigital has suggested above? i thought the magic codes were already set inside the code..Another thing, How to show those magic codes when you print out the statement?

Thanks for your help!

bradottawa:
Could anyone explain to us how to modify the magic numbers to what newdigital has suggested above? i thought the magic codes were already set inside the code..Another thing, How to show those magic codes when you print out the statement? Thanks for your help!

Yes, but each pair should have the different magic numbers.

You may change it. Not inside the code.

You should change it during the attaching the EA to the chart (in EA's options or menu where you can find stop loss, take profit and magic number as well).

I am using the following:

For EURUSD Magic number is 11000

GBPUSD 12000

USDJPY 13000

USDCHF 14000

AUDUSD 15000

USDCAD 16000

When EA is placing 3 sell stop and 3 buy stop orders on EURUSD for example these orders will have the following magic numbers:

11001, 11002, 11003, 11004, 11005 and 11006.

It will be automatically. You don't need to do anything. You may see it from the statements attached.

All you need to do is to set magic number to 11000 (for EURUSD, M15 timeframe), 12000 (for GBPUSD, M15 timeframe), and so on.

So I am using the same pre-set file for all the pair but with different magic numbers.

Files:
test_1_rep.zip  15 kb
Reason: