100 pips - page 5

extern double stopLoss = 50;

in the 100pips v1 does not seem to be working. I currently have 2 trades on H1 chart, sitting at 100+ pip loss and counting.

Could the code be wrong? Am I doing something wrong?

jpsdyb:
extern double stopLoss = 50;

in the 100pips v1 does not seem to be working. I currently have 2 trades on H1 chart, sitting at 100+ pip loss and counting.

Could the code be wrong? Am I doing something wrong?

It is accurately this that I want to correct in the EA, but I do not know as to make. TheStop loss is not functioning. I am searching aid here to fix this problem. PROGRAMMERS: IN THEY HELP THEM, PLEASE!

stoploss

See post #10 and change the code as shown in the OpenBuy() and OpenSell() for the stopLoss

nohills:
See post #10 and change the code as shown in the OpenBuy() and OpenSell() for the stopLoss

The problem of the 100 pips v3.1 is that it opens orders as wild while will have margin and alone it is possible to open orders in graphs of 5 minutes. Try to use the 100 v1 and will see the difference. The system safest besides being exists a margin management becoming possible to use it in any graphical time.

download the 100 v1 in post 33

It allways opens only one possition and work really great.

I tryed it on TradeXecutioner platform (Tradex Group) with 6 points TP and it all the time gets TP. This EA need some filter for the news time when markets volume is high. I think that it work best from 2 AM GMT till 8 AM GMT and then in the evening.

Try to trade this time, take 6 take profits that is 6x6=36 points, trade 20 days a month 36x20= 720 points. That is good result I think...

Interesting results using 100pip and EUR/USD. (other than GBP/USD, most other pairs tested did not produce worthy profits or resulted in losses)

All in all, some very HUGE profits.

Altered the profit, and stop losses in the code. Using H1 time frame.

One thing with 100pip I don't like, is that If I close an order early (manually) if automatically puts another one in, usually going in the direction it was when I decided to close.

Well...Here is the mq4 and strategy results. Of course not suggesting to use this, just thought i would share the results. Might be something nice to build off of using filters, etc... (would be interesting to see results with lot increase over time when margin allows)

J

looking 2nd time at strategy results noticed never once a take profit. Mostly stop loss and trailing stops for wins

Will try lowering TP and checking for improvement.

J

I tried TP at 75, resulted in only small gain.

As you suggested rodrigokaus, i modified TP to 20 pips and left stoploss at 50 in 1HR time frame. This resulted in almost double profits.

Though strategy test not very accurate https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173165

Still a nice system with possible potential.

Can somebody explain me, what are the rules for entry? I've tried 100 pips v. 3 [1] EA for last week and the results are great. When i was backtesting, the results after optimalization with TP and SL on eurusd results are really impresive, almost 100% during 2 months. But i don't know mtql and don't know what are the exact rules of that system. Crossing emas?

krall:
Can somebody explain me, what are the rules for entry? But i don't know mtql and don't know what are the exact rules of that system. Crossing emas?

You can place moving average indicators on the chart to see how its functioning.

SMA1 is 7 simple open and SMA2 is 6 simple open. I beleive its putting orders in via some type of crossing.

Also to trebek, v3 [1] has stop loss of 1000 and take profit of 20. You need to change these to fit your needs.

Reason: