Reliable Data for MT4

Is the data feed from IBFX reliable for a life account? Does anyone have an life account other that Alpari or IBFX?

if u want reliable data u have to buy it from 3 party developer like reuters... but what broker or bank do u then want to trade with no 1 always offer same same prices ( bid ask) i know 1 bank who offer stable spreads. but they dont have MT4

sailor

Roets:
Is the data feed from IBFX reliable for a life account? Does anyone have an life account other that Alpari or IBFX?

I had live account with some other brokers (I forgot the name sorry: finlis or finwarlist or something like this). And I had account with fxclub 7 or 10 years ago (probably, I forgot as well). And I realized that the data are different in Alpari, Neuimex (I had account with them also) and others. Different data. 1M TF especially.

Sadaloma tested Brainwashing EA and this EA is using iTrend indicator as a filter. This iTrend indicator is very sensitive and he mentioned that this indicator is having the different values for different brokers and EA opens sell in Alpari and did not open anything for IBFX and after that we really realized that problem. You may check the thread with the trades of this EA (this Brainwashing EA was developed within our forum).

But if I will buy data from esignal or from something I'm affraid that it will be the same: different. Not too much but still. For some good EAs it does not matter. And for some good trading systems it does not matter as well. But some good systems and EAs will not work in this condition (will produce the losses).

One example is TSD EA. I tested it during the about two month and was able to compare the trades with the other brokers and it was different (trades) on D1 timeframe for the different brokers. D1 timeframe!

There are several opinions about it:

- first opinion: good EA and good strategy will work in any condition and we do not need to take into account these different data;

- second opinion: we need to create the EA or trading system as simple as possible to neutralize these difficulties with the data;

- 3rd opinion: we do not care about;

- the 4th: backtesting is nothing because every broker has its own minutes data which can not be compare with the data of an other broker (different data), so we need to provide the forward test only.

and so on and so on.

I found in internet something interesting.

One person asked his broker: why your 1M data is the diffeent by high and low from other broker?

This person proved by images and by everything. Broker answered: yes, all 1M data should be diferent (by high/low of the bar is especially).

So, it is the image (attached). Red is one broker and blue color is the data from an other broker. Different. By high/low especially.

And now we may understand why some EAs are very profitable during backtesting (90%, every tick, several years) and not profitable at all during the forward testing. And some EAs are showing bad results during the backtesting and good in forward one.

Because:

- the data for backtesting we downloaded from one broker (1M data), and forward testing is providing with an other one;

- to provide backtest we converted 1 minute data on to M5, M15 etc timerames but in reality the data should be diffeent even for the same broker.

Files:

Hello,

where I can find the software as described above for comparing data?

i dont think interbank is the worst broker in town they have a deal with metastock as well http://www.equis.com/interbankfx ...

sailor

i forgot to write this another important thing is the broker dont widen the spreads to often.. In metatrader i have no idea when spreads is not stable.. the very honest brokers banks have in the execution box colors from where to identify when spreads are stable or not and when they give a requote..

Sailor

newdigital:
I found in internet something interesting.

One person asked his broker: why your 1M data is the diffeent by high and low from other broker?

This person proved by images and by everything. Broker answered: yes, all 1M data should be diferent (by high/low of the bar is especially).

So, it is the image (attached). Red is one broker and blue color is the data from an other broker. Different. By high/low especially.

And now we may understand why some EAs are very profitable during backtesting (90%, every tick, several years) and not profitable at all during the forward testing. And some EAs are showing bad results during the backtesting and good in forward one.

Because:

- the data for backtesting we downloaded from one broker (1M data), and forward testing is providing with an other one;

- to provide backtest we converted 1 minute data on to M5, M15 etc timerames but in reality the data should be diffeent even for the same broker.

I was not talking about interbank, alpari and other well-known brokers.

I know my english easy to misunderstand :-( i will find a very interesting link :-) but i cant find it right know...

sailor

Would be nice, if someone clarrify this. I know, most of us here are using MT as their graph/trend predictor, and most of others use different Broker to play (in real).

On what basis one to choose Broker..

1. Spread (2 EUR/USD, 4 GBP/USD etc.)

2. Valid Data Flow

3. Should not take too much longer in executing Buy/Sell

4. Deposits/Widthdrawal with ease via Cr. Card/MO/Check etc. (I am in US, other may be from different part of the world)

5. Hedging (I do not know, how many of us do know this, play using this?)

6. Fees, time to open an account etc.

Any other points to be noted, before open an account. Also, who ranks best in the live account

*Side bite; check this link http://www.top100forexsites.com/

Interbank as a broker

sailor:
i dont think interbank is the worst broker in town they have a deal with metastock as well http://www.equis.com/interbankfx ... sailor

Can you recomend that I use interbank as my broker. I want to use a EA to trade for me, because I'm working full time and can not sit and trade the whole day. Can you recommend a EA that work with data from Interbank.

Reason: