Fibonacci_Ema - page 14

yes

but i know that you must have a very deep pocket with this strategy and some month you account will loss a great amount of money , just imagine 10-15 losses in a row , this could be bruttle but i will like to check it over times how this perform.

400396:
but i know that you must have a very deep pocket with this strategy and some month you account will loss a great amount of money , just imagine 10-15 losses in a row , this could be bruttle but i will like to check it over times how this perform.

My pocket has a hole in it. Let's see, if I had that much losing trades, I would be be playing pennies, do they call that micro lots or penniless lots ;-) ?

you are right!

this is why you need a lot money for this system.

et_phonehome_2:
My pocket has a hole in it. Let's see, if I had that much losing trades, I would be be playing pennies, do they call that micro lots or penniless lots ;-) ?

hi

found this thread...and I really like simple forex system that profitable...anybody use 30 sma and 10 sma ?..it looks ok

===================

Forex Indicators Collection

Hi,

I want to backtest this EA, but no graph appears. In the Journal I see that there was no significant results. It often happen to me that no graph is drawn during optimisation. What am I doing wrong?

dvarrin:
Hi, I want to backtest this EA, but no graph appears. In the Journal I see that there was no significant results. It often happen to me that no graph is drawn during optimisation. What am I doing wrong?

I updated first post of this thread with the links to EAs versions, settings (set files) and backtesting results.

Thanks newdigital.

The EA posted in the first post generally is a loser

The EA that was posted in the second post produces better results because it only has a TP and SL (and no TS, no exit on ema cross ect. if you find it, point it out because I didn't find it). TP = 2 SL so its pretty good. And it didn't lose more than 2 times in a row so that is good as well.

No relative drawdown in the result. Is something wrong with it?

EMA cross looks fine but SMA cross... SMA goes for simple moving average but to me its more like slooooooooooooooooooooow moving average. You won't know the trend reversed with SMA until it happened a year ago (kiddin). SMA takes too long to realize trend change. I've tried sma/sma 10/30 - bad result.

I don't know about this system - maybe it will go better.

And I backtested it once again.

Look at the attachments.

It is EA for long way run.

Files:
1_4.gif  9 kb
2_2.gif  9 kb
3.gif  10 kb
4.gif  9 kb
emafibo.zip  194 kb

Thanks for posting!

Where can I get your data for backtesting? You have high quality for many years.

Shinigami:
Thanks newdigital.

The EA posted in the first post generally is a loser

The EA that was posted in the second post produces better results because it only has a TP and SL (and no TS, no exit on ema cross ect. if you find it, point it out because I didn't find it). TP = 2 SL so its pretty good. And it didn't lose more than 2 times in a row so that is good as well.

No relative drawdown in the result. Is something wrong with it?

EMA cross looks fine but SMA cross... SMA goes for simple moving average but to me its more like slooooooooooooooooooooow moving average. You won't know the trend reversed with SMA until it happened a year ago (kiddin). SMA takes too long to realize trend change. I've tried sma/sma 10/30 - bad result.

I don't know about this system - maybe it will go better.

It was not my idea about this fibo ma crossing.

It was good article in some forex magazine long time ago with idea, explanation, backtesting results and possible settings. Don't remember which magazine sorry. This idea was not for Metatrader platform.

I just took this original idea, coded some EA and improved it added some channels and so on.

It is long way run EA: the profit for this EA should be calculated yearly. It means that you may deposit some money to the broker and expect some profit in next year. And it will be always good years and bad years. So, this EA is very different from many others on this forum where people are expecting some profit in next day for example.

There are many versions of this EAs on the first post (posted as a links). At least 3 versions. I coded it with the help of Igorad (as i am not a coder by profession). And I just optimized the settings but everybody may do it as well to find the different settings.

As it is something about ma indicators' crossing so it is the better to optimize the settings regularly as no one EA based on ma indicator only is having the stable results with the same settings during the many years. I backtested with same settings just to let the people know that this idea is good and EA may be profitable irrespective of ma crossing and same settings for many years.

Reason: