Expert for SHI_SilvertrendSig - page 4

Thank you for the reply

cosmiclifeform:
Hi Ramy,

1) The indicator you attached "Decompiled - SHI_SilverTrendSigAlert"

is not the one your EA uses.

Your EA calls for the indicator named - "Good_SHI_SilverTrendSigAlert".

It is the same indicator but you need to rename it. i renamed it and put in this reply.

cosmiclifeform:
2) Re: Buy and Sell - Your EA currently only does Buy's. There is no Sell logic code.

The first EA ( shi YourExpertAdvisor.mq4 ) does not have a sell logic yet as it fails to buy with the logic i put into it. So for the moment there was no point including any other logic until i can at least get it to buy. Then i will add the close long logic and go from there for the sell logic.

cosmiclifeform:

3) I found a few SilverTrend EA's here on TSD. Search for these EA's and check out their code. They will help you improve your own EA.

Hope this helps you,

Robert

I did that and tried all of the EA's i could find, The second EA is a silver trend EA. But none of them deal with this perticular indicator. I have been at it for a week now. Hence my post.

Thank you for the help.

Cheer,

Ramy

Try Different SilverTrend Ind

RAMY1:
It is the same indicator but you need to rename it. i renamed it and put in this reply.

Thank you for the help.

Cheer,

Ramy

Hi Ramy,

I did rename it, ran the EA, and got the "arrayinitialize" errors you showed.

I did some searching and found lots of (confusing) technical info on arrays, but I'm just a novice coder and could not find where or why the array error comes up.

I did find a different SilverTrend Signal indicator that DOES NOT have the array in the code....and I placed it in your EA...and it runs fine...it trades with no errors.

Try these out...

Hope this helps you,

Robert

I renamed your EA so it's clear it's a test mod in progress. Rename it back to what you want when you are ready.

cosmiclifeform:
Hi Ramy,

I did rename it, ran the EA, and got the "arrayinitialize" errors you showed.

I did some searching and found lots of (confusing) technical info on arrays, but I'm just a novice coder and could not find where or why the array error comes up.

I did find a different SilverTrend Signal indicator that DOES NOT have the array in the code....and I placed it in your EA...and it runs fine...it trades with no errors.

Try these out...

Hope this helps you,

Robert

Hi,

thank you again for trying to help me out. I am a novice as well.

I have been there, done that.

I really would like this shi-silvertrend to work. The one you give me is not the same, and does not give the same signals.

cheers,

Ramy

Eurika!!!

I figured it out.

I removed the array function lines and now it works!! (DuuH)

Now down to fine tuning it...

cheers

RAMY1:
I figured it out.

I removed the array function lines and now it works!! (DuuH)

Now down to fine tuning it...

cheers

Hi Ramy,

can you please post the final ea and its results? It would be very nice

Thank you

corrected EA and indicator SHI

The EA and indicator work now, modified and simplified. Now that the indicator paints new dots as it goes, you see it repaints all the time, giving numerous buy/sell points, that, if left to run that way, will keep stopping you out with servere losses.

The dots always paint on the closed candle, not the current active candle, so the EA has to make trades based on close candles, not the lead candle.

I initially modified it only to buy/sell if there are three dots in a row in the direction of the trade. So it eliminates 95% of the trades, but they mostly would have been stoploss trades, losing a lot of money.

Also, set TakeProfit=200 and StopLoss=100. On H4 chart. It has to have "room to breath".

To avoid giving back 199 pips of profit (missing TP by 1 pip or so) I've added a "trailing stop" of a sort, that checks the distance to the TakeProfit and modifies the StopLoss to the same size from the current price. So, the closer the price gets to TakeProfit, it "sandwiches" the current price between TakeProfit and StopLoss. Therefore, the closer to TakeProfit it is, the closer the StopLoss is, and you give back less and less, the closer it moves to TP.

The StopLoss will not be modified untill the trade is in profit.

Just added an option for taking a trade on a single dot, if the previous bar had no dot. Need to test it.

Just added an option for taking a trade on a two "trending" dots. Need to test it.

Added option to use or not the "Sandwich Trailinng Stop".

Added option to use BreakEven.

Added option to close trade on reversal dot.

Added MA_Filter.

Defaults:

extern double TakeProfit = 175;

extern double StopLoss = 100;

extern bool Allow_Two_Dots = true;

extern bool Allow_One_Dot = true;

extern bool UseReversal_to_Close = true;

extern bool UseSandwichTrailingStop = false;

extern bool UseBreakEven = false;

extern double BreakEven = 50;

extern bool Use_MA_Filter = false;

extern int MA_Filter_Period = 50;

extern int MA_Filter_Mode = MODE_SMMA;

And after all that, trying different combinations, this is the best I can get so far. With those defaults H4 chart, it's a little profitable, but not enough to live on. Here is screen shot of backtest:

shi_silver_ea_mod3.mq4

If anyone reads this thread again, have fun trying to find something better.

Files:

shi_silvertrendsig1.mq4shi_silvertrendsig1.mq4

RAMY1.. i have diferrent of silvertrend..

can u help to bulid ea with this indicator..

please..

why? this indi be holy grail never lost in my type trade..

i want my type trade not again manual but full automatic with ea from this indi

can u help me... and i will share my type trade..

Files:

Can help me to build Ea from thi indicator

shi_silvertrendsig1.mq4

Any Body can help me to build ea from this indicator...

in My type trade.. thi indicator work like holy grail.. never loss..

i want my trade not manual again but full atoumatic whit ea from this indi..

who can help me i will share my type trade..

pips with u

Files:

wr_arwin:
shi_silvertrendsig1.mq4

Any Body can help me to build ea from this indicator...

in My type trade.. thi indicator work like holy grail.. never loss..

i want my trade not manual again but full atoumatic whit ea from this indi..

who can help me i will share my type trade..

pips with u

if its holy grail and you've never lost why change it?

tell us your strategy and we will make ea for you

i remember i make an EA by using the indicator,when the sell signal is appearing,then buy an order.

when the buy signal is appearing,the sell an order.

somebody said never loss,but the result is not good.

so,forget the EA

Reason: