Expert for SHI_SilvertrendSig - page 2

I tried with this one, please see how it look.

Files:
z-z1.mq4  5 kb

Jacoba,

If you use the Z-Z1 indicator you will be doing the same thing, as when trying the SHI_Silvertrend indicator . The Z-Z1 will pop up whenever it wants then change position.It will refreash but It is not reliable. Put the asctrend indicator, or silvertrend indicator on you chart, they may put you in later, but they are more accurate

Foreverold:
Jacoba, If you use the Z-Z1 indicator you will be doing the same thing, as when trying the SHI_Silvertrend indicator . The Z-Z1 will pop up whenever it wants then change position.It will refreash but It is not reliable. Put the asctrend indicator, or silvertrend indicator on you chart, they may put you in later, but they are more accurate

Foreverold,

Thank's for your input.

Hi, I found this post about SHI_SilverTrend at the Oanda Forum:

I concur, thanks Linuxtroll, you've started me on a promising path. In an attempt to return the favour, can I'd like to point out that I found an indicator -SHI_SilverTrend- that produces exactly the same results as "follow the dots" that you posted. I had a look at the code however -after spending some time learning how to code in MT4- and I discovered that this indicator doesn't work quite as well as it seems. Instead of working from the past to the present it actually works from the present back to the past.

The guilty piece of code is this - parentheses removed as I couldn't post with them in:

for SH=1;SH<NB;SH++

MetaTrader indexes the most recent bar as 0, the next as 1, and so on. If you change this line to what it should be:

for SH=NB;SH >= 0; SH--

you'll see vastly different, but REAL, results.

Sorry for the longwindedness. In summary, if you do use SHI_SilverTrend I'd recommend you re-evaluate. If you don't use SHI_SilverTrend this probably make any sense at all.

Thanks again for the helpful advice. I would have PM'd but I can't work out how.

moneyline

i think asctrend is the best,together with osma and trendtriggermod

Help Help!! Can Anyone lend a helping hand??

I changed the coding per a couple of posts ago because the dots were not refreshing. By doing so, I cannot get the dots to locate in the right spots on the graph. Is there a way of just putting an automatic refresh of the coding so it refreshes the data once every bar???? Please help me if this is possible!

Thank You very much in advance!

Dave

<<<

Please Help Me!

Missing code

Kalenzo:
Here u go!

Run it on H1 chart - it will make 1 lot trades.

I didnt test it so u have to do it your self.

Hope this will help u.

Hi

This EA has a lot of code missing. It would be really nice if code guru would do a lesson on how to convert a indicator into a expert.

A simple way to do this would be to use iCustoms in the MACD sample, any of the starter EAs (just dump their logic and substitute your logic,) and or the moving average expert ( and dump the moving average logic ) If you guys need a couple templates I'll make and post if you want them. I want a thread about indicators into experts. Some templates would help non-programmers that are good traders to test their strategies. Non programmers that have no interest, inclination, or aptitude for programming should not have to really learn if they don't want to.

The subjects that need to be covered in more detail are iCustoms and how to embed indicators into experts so that there are no calls and the indicator/s become a function. Many say that calls are unreliable.

Thanks

Doc

Foreverold:
Jacoba, If you use the Z-Z1 indicator you will be doing the same thing, as when trying the SHI_Silvertrend indicator . The Z-Z1 will pop up whenever it wants then change position.It will refreash but It is not reliable. Put the asctrend indicator, or silvertrend indicator on you chart, they may put you in later, but they are more accurate

These indicators are like some dictators who try to rewrite history; both the dictators and the indicators are useless, in real life.

EA for SHI

Kalenzo:
Here u go!

Run it on H1 chart - it will make 1 lot trades.

I didnt test it so u have to do it your self.

Hope this will help u.

Hi Kalenzo,

Im sure you can work on an EA for the H4 Time frame, is it possible?

How I use the SHI_SilverTrend Indicator

HI,

I prefer to use the SHI_SilverTrend indicator on the H4 Time frame, still going through the test mode though, see how it goes.... It works better on Daily TF

Reason: