ASCTrend system - page 117

skilo:
Hello All,

I just wanted to say hi to the community as my first post.

I was reading the ASCTrend System Thread and was wondering if anyone has coded this for Ninja Trader?

Thanks

How does Ninja compare to MT4?

marcus1rex:
How does Ninja compare to MT4?

I don't know how it compares. I do know that Ninja uses C++. other than that I am not really familiar with MT4.

I found an ASCTrend that was coded in the Ninja forum by some of the members, But it is not complete.

I wasn't sure if any members here used the system in Ninja.

Ninja is buggy...too heavy on the computer...they are about to release ninja 7...but it doesn't go well...it still great to trade futures using ninja...not paying for data

no need to mess with NinjaTrader

they are so buggy that they are on beta 10 now!

the brokers have control over what exchanges you can get access to unless you pay $500US extra for multibroker version.

my EA

i have created my EA - ASCTrend.mq4 with MQ4 builder, which uses asctrend signal with ICustom function. it can open a BUY trade when UP signal, and SELL when DOWN.

i want to add to my EA some filter - with backtesting in some pairs, its look good fo filter with BBands ind, bud i dont know how to add this filter in my EA - something like that I think, but have no luck.

double Buy1_1 = iCustom(Symbol(),0,"PerkyAsctrend1",0,1);

double Buy2_1 = iCustom(NULL, 0, "BBands_Stop_v1", 4, 0, Current + 1);

double Buy2_2 = 1;

double Sell1_1 = iCustom(Symbol(),0,"PerkyAsctrend1",1,1);

double Sell2_1 = iCustom(NULL, 0, "BBands_Stop_v1", 5, 0, Current + 1);

double Sell2_2 = 1;

if (Buy1_1 && Buy2_1 > Buy2_2) Order = SIGNAL_BUY;

if (Sell1_1 && Sell2_1 > Sell2_2) Order = SIGNAL_SELL;

Files:

iCustom - Use Extern Variables

hankeys:
i have created my EA - ASCTrend.mq4 with MQ4 builder, which uses asctrend signal with ICustom function. it can open a BUY trade when UP signal, and SELL when DOWN.

i want to add to my EA some filter - with backtesting in some pairs, its look good fo filter with BBands ind, bud i dont know how to add this filter in my EA - something like that I think, but have no luck.

double Buy1_1 = iCustom(Symbol(),0,"PerkyAsctrend1",0,1);

double Buy2_1 = iCustom(NULL, 0, "BBands_Stop_v1", 4, 0, Current + 1);

double Buy2_2 = 1;

double Sell1_1 = iCustom(Symbol(),0,"PerkyAsctrend1",1,1);

double Sell2_1 = iCustom(NULL, 0, "BBands_Stop_v1", 5, 0, Current + 1);

double Sell2_2 = 1;

if (Buy1_1 && Buy2_1 > Buy2_2) Order = SIGNAL_BUY;

if (Sell1_1 && Sell2_1 > Sell2_2) Order = SIGNAL_SELL;

Hi Hankeys,

I'm still learning myself, and the basic rule I learned for using iCustom is that the formula needs to read all the Extern Variables from each specific indicator you use.

The PerkyASCTrend1 has 2 Extern Variables:

extern int RISK = 4;

extern int AllBars = 250;

double Buy1_1 = iCustom(Symbol(),0,"PerkyAsctrend1",Risk, AllBars,0,1);

The BollyBands has 6 Extern Variables:

extern int Length=20; // Bollinger Bands Period

extern int Deviation=2; // Deviation

extern double MoneyRisk=0.5; // Offset Factor

extern int Signal=1; // Display signals mode: 1-Signals & Stops; 0-only Stops; 2-only Signals;

extern int Line=1; // Display line mode: 0-no,1-yes

extern int Nbars=1000;

double Buy2_1 = iCustom(NULL, 0, "BBands_Stop_v1", Length, Deviation, MoneyRisk,Signal,Line,Nbars, 0, Current + 1);

Adjust the buffers you want to read as the 2nd to last number.

The last number is the current (0) or past bars (1) that you want to read.

The examples use the Buy formulas. Do the same for your Sell formulas also.

If you need more help, this TSD Forum has a number of good EA's that have iCustom examples of using the ASCTrend EA and BollyBands EA's that you can search for to see how to do it.

Hope this helps!

Robert

these variables is not set in EA, there cant be in iCustom funkction. They are defined in the indicator. When i have set these simple settings

double signalup=iCustom(Symbol(),0,"PerkyAsctrend1",0,1);

double signaldown=iCustom(Symbol(),0,"PerkyAsctrend1",1,1);

it works OK. It BUYS when asctrend signal UP arrow appears, SELLS when DOWN arrow. But i want to add some filter, and with backtesting the best results i get with BBands. so i want to BUY only when asctrend gets this signal and the BBands is in the right direction.

It must be problem with buffers in BBands - it has 6 buffers... but i dont know how to code it to the EA. The buffers are "UpTrendLine" and "DownTrendLine". and i want to add this filter to BUY only if "UpTrendLine" buffer is > 1 and opposite.

AbleTrend book is published by John Wiley & Son

AbleTrend book is published by John Wiley & Son, you may see at amazon.com. Principle of ASCTrend is released in this book.

The book

Yes you cab read with google book some parts of the book. Just to see what is all about.

In fact I discovered and compared the original with the system created here. Well if you set the risk to 8 you will get almost the same results.

I really like tide you this system. But the key of the effectivity is double fold.

According to the author is the money management, and that is true. But I mean a filter to the system itself, which can guide you when to trade. I have an approach and if it true it can be attached to every signal system (asct or brain trend everything).

So my idea is to use the FGDI to measure the fractal dimension of the price time series. And the idea is pretty straightforward. We measure the fractal dimension at two key levels 15 and 30 m. And we need to have both in red.

Well what is a fractal dimension is difficult topic, but the utilisation of the concept is really simple for a technician.

More on this blog

fractalfinance.blogspot.com/

Hello, I downloaded 1.7 to test but it doesn't trade on 5 digit broker, what do I need to change?

Thanks

Reason: