Moving Average - page 6

ejpdl:
Hi Hada

Could you share with which settings do you use the TRIX indicators?

Thanx

use default setting for 1h 4h

change colors

Hi all

Can someone please make an indicator that is adjustable and can be used for the diifirent ma 's (smooth or exp or simple or linear) that changes its color when it changers its direction (like green for up and red for down)

thank a lot

))

Ma in colour

Swall

This may be what you seek......

Files:

make ma color like triggerlines

Great Blaiserboy. Can you make double ma color cross like triggerlines indicator please?

This ema :

ema 1 : 13, exponential, apply to close

ema 2 : 25, exponential, apply to open

Thanks

Even though I'm not really a coder, I managed to make a useful modification of the colored EMA, thanks to an example of another mod from Igorad.

With this version it's possible to shift the MA a number of candles to the right.

Now if someone could make a version of it with which it's possible to have the MA show the values for open, close, high, or low (and if possible median, typical, or weighted), then this indicator will truly be an accomplished and very versatile tool

Enjoy!

Files:

FXSamurai:
Even though I'm not really a coder, I managed to make a useful modification of the colored EMA, thanks to an example of another mod from Igorad.

With this version it's possible to shift the MA a number of candles to the right.

Now if someone could make a version of it with which it's possible to have the MA show the values for open, close, high, or low (and if possible median, typical, or weighted), then this indicator will truly be an accomplished and very versatile tool

Enjoy!

I think I did it:

Applied_price=0:

0=PRICE_CLOSE;

1=PRICE_OPEN;

2=PRICE_HIGH;

3=PRICE_LOW;

4=PRICE_MEDIAN;

5=PRICE_TYPICAL;

6=PRICE_WEIGHTED

Files:

Yeah man. That's perfect!

There' one thing I forgot, though. It would be nice if the yellow part of the MA would only be for when the value is the same as on the previous candle, and not on the candle with just a value in a different direction. Sometimes, with the way things are now, there will be a couple of bars with the MA going up and down and up and down, but in every case (4 subsequent candles) with a yellow MA.

However, that's a matter of preference, as some people may find that this would show too little of the yellow part.

So maybe it would be nice to be able to change this too, in the input menu, and to have a field with "number of overlapping / transition bars", with the possibility to set this at 0.

How about that one?

I should've added that this is mainly an issue when using relatively short EMAs. See the attached chart for an example. It shows what can happen when using an EMA 5. In fact, in none of the instances marked with a red arrow there should have been a yellow color...

Files:

Yeah this MA color great. This indicator help me.

Thanks.

FXSamurai:
Yeah man. That's perfect!

There' one thing I forgot, though. It would be nice if the yellow part of the MA would only be for when the value is the same as on the previous candle, and not on the candle with just a value in a different direction. Sometimes, with the way things are now, there will be a couple of bars with the MA going up and down and up and down, but in every case (4 subsequent candles) with a yellow MA.

However, that's a matter of preference, as some people may find that this would show too little of the yellow part.

So maybe it would be nice to be able to change this too, in the input menu, and to have a field with "number of overlapping / transition bars", with the possibility to set this at 0.

How about that one?

But in this case we will not have any yellow. Just small piece of that.

As I understand the yellow is flat (not long and not short). of course it may be good if this yellow will be adjusted manually.

Reason: