How to code? - page 272

Guys, thank you very much for your help, and I will remember that calling it like this isn't a function anymore, but calling a procedure!

tx again!

Jonkie76

Inner workings of history (.hst file creation)

Hello Again,

i need your advice once more: Here's my Problem:

Looping over all symbols

Loop over all TimePeriods

I do this:

int bar = iBars(symbol,pPeriod ); if (Bar == 0) totalRequested++;

while (bar == 0 && nRetry < 5)

{

Print("RETRY(" + nRetry +")" + ServerName + "/" + sSymbol + "/"+pPERIOD_XX + "/" );

Sleep (5000);

Bar = iBars(sSymbol,pPERIOD_XX );

nRetry++;

}

So far so good. The

int bar = iBars(symbol,pPeriod );

Statement triggers that MT4 loads the history from server.

Here's my Problem:

MT4 loads the full history of all symbols but does not flush them to disk into the history folder. This is done only when the MT4 terminal is exited! The accumulation of history data freezes MT4 and it never writes the history to disk.

Now what?

Best wishes,

Armin

test on a new MT4 before try it on your trading platform Old MT4

I guess

log and hst file, you can delete it to have a clean slate

---

oooh, hst file, I tried a while but gave up already

export to csv with each candle data is easy

but there should be some mechanism to protect the hst file from tempering

-- maybe my compiler (mq4 to ex4) not working, I don't know the reason

but gave up the making or truncating some data and get a hst file now

[[ good idea because

let say, one day, I got OHLC data from a local stock market, one stock

then I know my own indicator well

if I can fake that OHLC data into my MT4, then I got the charting, otherwise, if no MT4 in the world got that stock, I will never able to REUSE my indicators and templates that I know so well in forex --- I don't trade stock though, too poor

Help to GetData from Indicator window

I 'd like to know how to read these circled in light blue,

any code sample to point me in the right direction ?

Thanks in advance.

Files:
mt_readthis.jpg  69 kb

use iVolumen() function

crn:
use iVolumen() function

thanks for the answer.

What I realy want to do is to read a custom indicator's:

1) the window range ( outside the window shows a number in the lower right corner and another in the top right )

2) comment

Thanks.

xx3xxx:
heheheeh, just need 4000 USD

but a 55 ish LED flat tv and connect your computer onto that screen

---------

here, we like people that try to code

so I try to answer with my very limited knowledge

did you try control-D == then , you also choose show data checkbox (control - I)

====

in your chosen screen capture

we can see -- volume in subwindow , and some max min number

firstly, volume number is rubbish, it is not really volume of trade, some people use it for programming into the formulae as there is time, OHLC the volume -- if you do -- file --- save as

usually, for READERS

the number max and min are ARBITRARY, the fluctuation , rather than the actual number mean something to us

of course there is zero , RSI, in which 20% , 70% are vital sign-- but those are too old generic indicator, you can find much better stuff in this forum, just search and search

-------

there is a type of tiny text that the programmer use as a message box alike (won't pop up)

the text are tiny, you can't choose font or size of word

it is called COMMENT -- that function

I probably able to search my archive to show you how to code that -- I did that before

----

for question 1 ---- I don't understand what you are talking about

thanks for the answer.

..yes, I just found the "Comment" usage and the "IndicatorShortName"

so how would I "read" the IndicatorShortName, a function like " GetVarValue(IndicatorShortName) " or something ?? no clue.

and the other is getting the arbitrary window max and min. to make a silly alarm.

Thanks much.

alarm -- some are annoying, the worst is because

you don't know which currency chart make the alarm sound

then you locate the chart, you still have to guess which indicator (control-I, then delete)

so you just close chart, and delete indicator. (this is my best educated guess already)

I just spend 10 more minutes, look at my archive, as I did some fancy COMMENT coding

it will suggest me SL level or entry level

However, I don't know where I put my stuff, so I can't give you a screen capture of the coding

---- I think, you could repost the same question or take a screen capture of MQ4 in metaeditor, then highlight iit

repost it in a few days

======

HOWEVER, coders (programmers) might not bother your question (if it is as simple as functioncall{parameter} ) i.e. they might answer those intermediate question

if you are beginner (look like it), try to hit the above button -- called [search]

search for MQ4 or search for coding; few Member give excellent tutorial

could try [F1] in metaeditor too -- but some are crap, e.g. array, even the example in the help - cannot compile or run as expected

so -- don't focus your MQ4 you have, try to search for FEW THREADS< learn a variety of coding in those MQ4 (look for comment , of course , it is in english -- comment mean NOTES in the code here)

there is another comment function (to put the text there) -- very easy coding KEYWORD

sorry, to disappoint you, but don't want to answer your question, as you need to UN_LEARN, if I might answer it wrong, so I take the 5th

heheheeh, just need 4000 USD

BUY a 55 ish (big 55 inches) LED flat tv and connect your computer onto that screen

---------

here, we like people that try to code

so I try to answer with my very limited knowledge

did you try control-D == then , you also choose show data checkbox (control - I)

====

in your chosen screen capture

we can see -- volume in subwindow , and some max min number

firstly, volume number is rubbish, it is not really volume of trade, some people use it for programming into the formulae as there is time, OHLC the volume -- if you do -- file --- save as

usually, for READERS

the number max and min are ARBITRARY, the fluctuation , rather than the actual number mean something to us

of course there is zero , RSI, in which 20% , 70% are vital sign-- but those are too old generic indicator, you can find much better stuff in this forum, just search and search

-------

there is a type of tiny text that the programmer use as a message box alike (won't pop up)

the text are tiny, you can't choose font or size of word

it is called COMMENT -- that function

I probably able to search my archive to show you how to code that -- I did that before

----

for question 1 ---- I don't understand what you are talking about

all indicator are custom indicator , i.e. if it is not average generic function like MA

you could try CONTROL-N

-- how to read, you could be asking, how to read the MQ4 coding of any custom indicator

then you NEED TO LEARN PROGRAMMING with MQ4 --- could search for MQ4 tutorial in youtube, I guess

note ivolume --- usually, the letter i mean -- it can called something outside

i.e. if a KEYWORD begin with i

usually even you are on the chart of $audusd, you can actually call to $eurusd and get some stuff from the eruo chart or datastream -- so it is extremely powerful (outside of your current currency , that powerful)

[langtitle=de]TakeProfit is not executed by MT4[/langtitle]

Hello,

In my simple EA the TakeProfit has been reached but not executed.

Please have a look at the attachment. The command to send the order for the first example is as follows:

OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_SELL,0.1,1.44773,3,1.44993,1 .44743,"COMMENT", 20111009,0,Red);

I used the simple Strategy Tester of MT4.

I don't understand why the takeprofit has not been executed. Hope you can help me to find out.

Thanks.

Files:
chart.jpg  18 kb
chart2.jpg  24 kb
Reason: