Ask! - page 153

Nwwd Help

i have some indicator wich i copy and past in metatraderforex/expert/indicator

and close and re open plateform and then clik on custome indicator and clik on indicator no act no come up and all custome indicator look like red cross on it

pleas help me how i can active that all indicator

mrqusa@yahoo.com

thansk

Help please

I have a EA I downloaded which I am in the midst of testing, the problem I am having is that it will place a sell while the buy is still open and the opposite, I have the MQ4 file and was wondering how to edit the script to have a parameter of "max trades" which can be set to "1" which will only allow one open trade at a time.

I am a total newbie an terms of programing, so could someone please help me as to the easiest way to go about this.

Thank you very very much.

Trade open & Close Alert

Is it possible to get a sound, text and email alert at the time when a trade gets executed and at the time when it is closed. I use a commercial EA so I just have an ex4 file. But I would like to be there at my computer when the trade is on. Please help.

indiatimes:
Is it possible to get a sound, text and email alert at the time when a trade gets executed and at the time when it is closed. I use a commercial EA so I just have an ex4 file. But I would like to be there at my computer when the trade is on. Please help.

Since you can't edit the file you'd have to have another EA on a seperate pair (doesn't matter which one but preferably a fast moving one) to monitor when trades are opened with the magic number of your commercial EA and send the alerts accordingly. You can either read the help file or checkout some other EA's that you may have on your computer for examples etc.

Good luck

Lux

Trade Open & Close Alert

Hi! Lux

Thank you very much for your quick reply. I found an EA called MailAlertOnOrderClose.mq4 which I have downloaded from forexfactory Forum and I am attaching it for your reference. I tried it just now by applying it on another chart of the same currency of my original EA and it is working but it gives me an alert on close of the trade only. Is there a possibility that it can be modified so that it gives alert for both open and close.

Or if you have any other EA or script which can do this, I shall be really greatful. I really appreciate your time.

Thanks

Sophia

indiatimes:
Hi! Lux

Thank you very much for your quick reply. I found an EA called MailAlertOnOrderClose.mq4 which I have downloaded from forexfactory Forum and I am attaching it for your reference. I tried it just now by applying it on another chart of the same currency of my original EA and it is working but it gives me an alert on close of the trade only. Is there a possibility that it can be modified so that it gives alert for both open and close.

Or if you have any other EA or script which can do this, I shall be really greatful. I really appreciate your time.

Thanks

Sophia

I'm busy with paying clients at the moment but you can do it yourself with a little bit of effort. Use the link in my sig to learn the basics and then help file and looking at other EA's should help you with the rest.

Good luck

Lux

Trade open & Close Alert

Thank You Very Much!

I hope you understand being a newbie I do not have enough confidence right now whether I will be able to do it or not. I appreciate you for encouraging me to try myself. I shall spend some time and try to figure out and if I will be able to do it I shall surely Send you a Thank you again or else I might trouble you if I am stuck anywhere. I hope you won't mind. And sure I do understand you need to prioritize the paid customer. I appreciate your professionalism.

Much Regards,

Sophia

Free E Course

Hi! Lux

When I am trying to apply for the free e course at the link given by you, a GetResponse window appears which says "This account has expire limits. Please contact owner of this campaign."

Sophia

Thanks for the heads up. I've just raised an issue with GR's support so hopefully they'll fix the problem soon.

Lux

Elapsed Time Calculation

Well, I'm really new - started trying to write a 'learning' EA before I new there was a course - I've got one working, using some indicators etc. But, I must be making something much too hard..... This is what I want: int elapsedTimeInSeconds = ElapsedTime(datetime dateTime1, datetime dateTime2);

Well, heading off to look at the course....

Reason: