ea to enter trade according to another ea's alert

Hey,

is it possible to code an EA that enters a trade when another EA sends an alert? The EA has only an alert through a pop-up window, but doesn't open orders automatically. Since I only have the ex4 file I'd need an EA that recognizes the alert message and opens an order accordingly.

antti_autti:
is it possible to code an EA that enters a trade when another EA sends an alert? The EA has only an alert through a pop-up window, but doesn't open orders automatically. Since I only have the ex4 file I'd need an EA that recognizes the alert message and opens an order accordingly.

Anything in an Alert() window is also written to the experts log, but that log is not flushed in real time, so attempting to read from the experts log will not be very reliable. I don't know if u can directly read form the Alert() window...?

gordon:

Anything in an Alert() window is also written to the experts log, but that log is not flushed in real time, so attempting to read from the experts log will not be very reliable. I don't know if u can directly read form the Alert() window...?

Wow, thx for the fast reply. I just checked and noted that the alert appears in real time in the experts log. Sometimes even a second earlier than in the pop-up window. Given this, is there an EA that can read from the experts log and execute these orders?

antti_autti:

Wow, thx for the fast reply. I just checked and noted that the alert appears in real time in the experts log. Sometimes even a second earlier than in the pop-up window. Given this, is there an EA that can read from the experts log and execute these orders?

Yeah, but it's not flushed in real time. That means that it's not written to disk in real time. Hence you will have an arbitrary delay (seconds/minutes/hours...?) between the Alert() and the time it's written to the actual log file. It's no problem having an expert monitor the log file and open orders according to a known convention, but that delay makes this idea irrelevant.

gordon:

Yeah, but it's not flushed in real time. That means that it's not written to disk in real time. Hence you will have an arbitrary delay (seconds/minutes/hours...?) between the Alert() and the time it's written to the actual log file. It's no problem having an expert monitor the log file and open orders according to a known convention, but that delay makes this idea irrelevant.

Oh okay, I get it now. Didn't really understand "flushed" cause english isn't my mother tongue.

Anyways, so there is no way to implement that idea of a second EA which opens orders? Anybody else with some ideas or is it simply impossible?
Reason: