Help with custom indicator

I need help with how to get the value for this custom indicator.  I am looking to get the value for the dots on the bottom line.  I am not sure how i would code it since it is either red or blue and not a numeric value that I can think of.  Also not sure what mode it would be.

(iCustom) return a handle (an int). You get that in OnInit. In OnTick (after the indicator has updated its buffers), you use the handle, shift and count to get the data.

1.           Technical Indicators - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5.
  2.           Timeseries and Indicators Access / CopyBuffer - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5.
  3.           How to start with MQL5 - General - MQL5 programming forum - Page 3 #22.
  4.           How to start with MQL5 - MetaTrader 5 - General - MQL5 programming forum - Page 7 #61.
  5.           How to call indicators in MQL5 - MQL5 Articles.
Documentation on MQL5: Technical Indicators
Documentation on MQL5: Technical Indicators
  • www.mql5.com
Technical Indicators - MQL5 Reference - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5

Manuel Arturo Gonzales Espinosa #:

(iCustom) return a handle (an int). You get that in OnInit. In OnTick (after the indicator has updated its buffers), you use the handle, shift and count to get the data.

1.           Technical Indicators - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5.
  2.           Timeseries and Indicators Access / CopyBuffer - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5.
  3.           How to start with MQL5 - General - MQL5 programming forum - Page 3 #22.
  4.           How to start with MQL5 - MetaTrader 5 - General - MQL5 programming forum - Page 7 #61.
  5.           How to call indicators in MQL5 - MQL5 Articles.

Can you provide some more detail and maybe an example?

First use MT4 data window and see whether those dots have values in buffers.

If it in buffers, you can user iCustom function to get the value in your code.

If it not found in data window those will be in objects list. Then you need to use object functions .

Mikeel1987 #: Can you provide some more detail and maybe an example?

See those blue underlined texts? They are links. Clicking on them takes you to more detail and examples.

Reason: