Ask! - page 150

luxinterior:
You could use the iMA function and write your own MA indicator. Just set the time frame to H4 and drop it on your 5M chart. You'd have to do some extra coding to draw the same level for every 48 5M bars too. Not sure how much help an indicator like this would be but haven't looked at it too much. Lux

Well, I wrote an indicator that can actually draw a M5 MA cross on higher chart like H4.

Its attached to higher TF chart (H4), calculates MA cross on Period_M5, and then draws the cross on the correct H4 bar using iBarShift(NULL,Period(),Time,false);

Its working the way I want it to.

Thanks.

Couso:
(Orginally posted in the Digital Filters/ Jurik thread)

All the JMA indicators from here still work fine, so that suggests to me it's an issue of the code rather than the JMA - well, obviously... Hopefully it's either the way I'm calling the JMA function (although it worked before) or there's some fatal error like an infinite loop or whatever. It compiles, but crashes MT4 straight away...

rjc.

Couso,

I haven't seen any guru responding but JMA Weld/JurikRes is notoriously buggy. I've been throu similar issues myself so I switched to JMA_StarLight (by Kositsin) with much better memory comsumption and performance. Same guy has posted a whole library of JMA-type smoothing tools on MQL4 dot com forum for most common indicators. Search for "Effective Averaging Algorithms" and it will bring you to his article with code samples. Good luck.

scanning a list if symbols

Hi all,

who could explain me the way to scan a list of symbols with mt4 ( the 40 firms of the CAC40 for instance) with an EA.

I would have in result the symbols which match the pattern included in EA.

Difficult for me to write in english, sorry

valuewhen and cross

HEllo,

There is a function in metastock ValueWhen (1,a,b)

How to code it mt4

And cross ( a,b) function in mt4?

a very simple program

Hi all!

I am just a newbie in mql language so please bear with me.

My program logic is very simple. Daily timeframe. Open both buy and sell orders at the opening price of the candle. only closes orders base on 2 criteria, 1. when TP reached 2. When SL reached and when TP is set to disable, closes the order when the closing price reached for the day.

So any volunteer writing the above simple program? thanks for the help!

Who will help us ?

I noticed so many questions in this thread even on this site begging for answers. How I wish we could get somebody to answer them because I really want to know MQL4

Why not answers

I notice most seniors members are not answering ....... because the newbie questions are same and already answered so many times in these pages.

The newbie will not bother to read and explore all the forum they just need everything before "eye blink"

I red 100s of silly questions in forums which already answered

so please search your question i am sure there are 90% answers available of the questions which raises in newbies mind

order 0 failed to close. error: 4051

hello,

I have downloaded the divergence trader EA from the library and have been optimizing it and testing it in a demo acct for about three weeks. It appears to be working quite well but each time I switch to the live account, I get the error in the title in an alert window. I get this alert about every 20 seconds. It actually caused other orders that I had open at the time to close immediately upon the alert.

Could you please help me to find out what the issue is?

Thanks.

Rich

Order book data

Hi,

I am very new in MetaTrader, but very interested if I can use order book data in my codes. If yes it would be great a simple sample code (or at least some keywords, built-in function names).

Thanks in advance,

prota

Reason: