Ichimoku5 - page 4

Hi MrTools,

thank you for having a look at the issue.

Please find the expert advisor and it's settings attached to this post.

With kind regards,

TFI.

Files:

tfi_markets:
Hi MrTools,

With kind regards,

TFI.

Hi Tfi_Markets, couldn't find any thing wrong with the indicator calls, but when compiling got a lot of warnings, so updated that version for new mt4 compatibility, also updated with new time filter and break even, did a back test with default settings and got both buys and sells.For those not familiar with the EA the Tenkan Sen-Kijun Sen is the indicator used by the EA and needs to be in your indicators folder to work.

tfi_markets:
Hi MrTools,

With kind regards,

TFI.

Hi Tfi, couldn't find any thing wrong with the indicator calls, but when compiling got a lot of warnings, so updated that version for new mt4 compatibility, also updated with new time filter and break even, did a back test with default settings and got both buys and sells.For those not familiar with the EA the Tenkan Sen-Kijun Sen is the indicator used by the EA and needs to be in your indicators folder to work.

mrtools:
Hi Tfi, couldn't find any thing wrong with the indicator calls, but when compiling got a lot of warnings, so updated that version for new mt4 compatibility, also updated with new time filter and break even, did a back test with default settings and got both buys and sells.For those not familiar with the EA the Tenkan Sen-Kijun Sen is the indicator used by the EA and needs to be in your indicators folder to work.

Hi MrTools,

thank you very much for your effort! I had a look at the new version of the Ichimoku5 EA via Winmerge, I noticed you have actually replaced / added quite some code. Very impressive! I will put the new version to forward test.

I will let you know as soon as I have news on the behavior of the EA after the modification.

Have a nice week!

With kind regards,

TFI.

Hi MrTools,

I have put the new Ichimoku5.3.4 EA to forward test as promised.

It has opened a long trade right after initialization (a bit unfortunate in this case). Beside of this it seems so the EA is not closing the position regardless of trend change event. Please see the attached screenshot. Thank you in advance!

With kind regards,

TFI.

Files:
ichi.png  65 kb

tfi_markets:
Hi MrTools,

I have put the new Ichimoku5.3.4 EA to forward test as promised.

It has opened a long trade right after initialization (a bit unfortunate in this case). Beside of this it seems so the EA is not closing the position regardless of trend change event. Please see the attached screenshot. Thank you in advance!

With kind regards,

TFI.

TFI, there isn't a close on trend change in the EA.

Hi MrTools,

thank you very much for clarification. It looked like a trend change to me.

On my Alpari Demo Account it has opened a long trade, I would say it is working now.

Do you have some recommendations in mind regarding stop-loss and take-profit?

I assume these settings may be quite far from the trade entry, I did something like:

lStopLoss=500.0

sStopLoss=500.0

lTakeProfit=1000.0

sTakeProfit=1000.0

lTrailingStop=500.0

sTrailingStop=500.0

BreakEven=1000.0

LockInPips=500

Thank you in advance!

Files:
ichi1.png  53 kb

Does it make sense running the EA with default settings or does it have to be optimized? Any setting recommendations? Will try it on my demo accout.

Jawitech:
Does it make sense running the EA with default settings or does it have to be optimized? Any setting recommendations? Will try it on my demo accout.

Jawitech, would recommend using it on either daily or 4 hour timeframe, about the settings maybe experiment with the tenken sen, kijun sen,ma periods, and ma types.

Thank you mrtools, I'm gonna let it run on a demo account and will keep you updated with results.

Reason: