Ichimoku5 - page 5

Hello Mr. Tools,

I guess I have managed to confirm that the Ichimoku5.3.4 nmc EA is not closing the position after the trend has changed.

As you can see from the screenshot, the EA has opened a short position, but the trend has finally changed. The Tenkan Line has

crossed Kijun line from below though the Moving Average. All indicators are set to calculate with M5 time frame.

If I am not wrong the EA is working via cross over principle of Tenkan, Kijun and Moving Average.

Could you please have a look into this issue?

I will also see what I may find.

Thank you in advance!

Files:
trend-change.jpg  127 kb

Hi Tfi_Markets, had seen your post earlier but forgot to answer , on the last version didn't add a close on trend change, but added one on this version, yes you are right in how it opens trades, so coded the close to happen when the opposite cross happens. Not able to test so please test this only on demo to be sure it is working correctly.

Files:

Hi MrTools,

thank you very much for your effort. You have been even faster with coding than me

with the code review. I have put your modified EA to the forward test. DLL import is also set to true.

I run it in EUR/USD M5 for testing:

XX=Indicators

TenkanKijunTf=5

Tenkan=9

Kijun=26

MaTimeframe=5

MaPeriod=34

MaType=1

I will let you know as son as I have some results.

mrtools:
Hi Tfi_Markets, had seen your post earlier but forgot to answer , on the last version didn't add a close on trend change, but added one on this version, yes you are right in how it opens trades, so coded the close to happen when the opposite cross happens. Not able to test so please test this only on demo to be sure it is working correctly.

With kind regards,

TFI_Markets

Hi MrTools,

I have tested the new version of Ichimoku 5. It seems so you have successfully resolved the issue

of the EA not opening / closing long / short trades on trend change. Thank you very much for this.

Nevertheless it seems so the EA is opening sometimes two trades in the same direction (please see screenshot).

I have also tested it in M15 with the attached settings. Probably you could review it? It is not always profitable.

lStopLoss=150.0

sStopLoss=150.0

lTakeProfit=300.0

sTakeProfit=300.0

lTrailingStop=250.0

sTrailingStop=250.0

BreakEven=300.0

LockInPips=300

TrailAfterBreakEvenOnly=true

Slippage=5

Lots=0.1

MaximumRisk=0.0

CloseOnTrendChange=true

DecreaseFactor=3.0

XX=Indicators

TenkanKijunTf=15

Tenkan=9

Kijun=26

MaTimeframe=15

MaPeriod=34

MaType=1

bar=1

Do you probably have a recommendation about a good EA in mind to work with?

Alpha 9 from the Elite Section for example?

Thank you in advance!

Files:

Hi mrtools,

i registered here because i am very interesting with your modified EA, Firstly thanks for your EA then can you explain what each setting in the EA?

nurfirdaus:
Hi mrtools, i registered here because i am very interesting with your modified EA, Firstly thanks for your EA then can you explain what each setting in the EA?

Nurfirdaus, this is explanation of the method the EA is using to trade here: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173023 and about each setting in the EA would take forever to explain them all, would say it would be best to test it for awhile on demo to get familiar with it, from my experience it's best on Yen type pairs on 4 hour on up timeframes.

kijun sen level

Files:
Reason: