KSRobot EA

This EA backtests very well, now we should see how it performs during some forward testing.

Remember the two versions that there are in the download section: the original is designed for 30min charts (best on EUR and GBP); newdigital has changed the Ishimoku settings for the 1hour charts (best on JPY). If you post forward test results, please specify which version and settings you are using.

Also, here is the thread in moneytec that spawned this EA:

http://www.moneytec.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16388&page=1&highlight=great+technique+beginners

And here is the moneytec thread by the EA's original programmer:

http://www.moneytec.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17091&highlight=ksrobot

One comment about the backtesting for KSRobot:

I have gone through the backtest reports and reviewed some of the trades. As we all know, backtesting results are not perfect. In the results, you can see some instances of the exact same trade happening several times in a row during the backtesting. This may be due to the fact that the Strategy Tester sometimes has some problems with buy stop and sell stop orders and just general unreliability with the Strategy Tester.

But even if you account for the repeated trades that would not happen in live trading, this EA looks like it could produce positive gains. So the forward testing will be important.

Eric you are right.

I changed the settings because the original settings according to Ishimoru should be used for D1 and W1 timeframe and it was stated that the original expert is working on M30 timeframe with classical settings.

So I recognazed that some people experimented with it already and because of that I changed the settings just to see how it's going on different Ishimoku settings.

But anyway backtesting is the way to show that this EA is very interesting.

Nothing more.

New variations for these EA are here

For eur m15 and an other variations for jpy m15.

Hi, I'm trying this KSRobot_1_5.mq4 EA but I don't see a TP value, is that the Breakeven value?

Thanks

matrixebiz:
Hi, I'm trying this KSRobot_1_5.mq4 EA but I don't see a TP value, is that the Breakeven value? Thanks

I am forward testing this version in elite section for more than 1 year.

M15, EURUSD, default settings.

If i remember it was no more than 50 trades for the whole year. Mostly in profit.

Also you may check Brainwashing EA as well (1c version with dynamic iTrend levels, H1 timeframe, 4 majors) in Brain Systems section.

Files:

What does this mean in the Journal Tab in MT4;

2007.03.02 01:48:36 Old tick EURCHF30 1.6115/1.6119 ?

I have a lot of them.

Thanks

matrixebiz:
What does this mean in the Journal Tab in MT4;

2007.03.02 01:48:36 Old tick EURCHF30 1.6115/1.6119 ?

I have a lot of them.

Thanks

Probable it is bad connection MetaTrader with the broker. Or you did not download EURCHF M30 history.

newdigital:
Probable it is bad connection MetaTrader with the broker. Or you did not download EURCHF M30 history.

This is with forward testing. I didn't think I had to download any history?

matrixebiz:
This is with forward testing. I didn't think I had to download any history?

New ticks are not coming to Metatrader. So you need to see this pair in Market Watch window. If not - just set this pair in the monitor window: right mouse click on Market Watch window, then "Symbols" ....

And download the history anyway.

Besides it may be some broker's mistake (delay in quoting).

Ok, I did a Right click on the chart window and did a Refresh. Says synchronizing now;

(2007.03.02 12:08:30 HistoryCenter: 2137 bars imported in 'NZDUSD30')

I'll see what happens then. Was that right? Why would it have stopped refreshing?

Thanks

Reason: