Jurik - page 25

rael:
anybody care to explain JADX? i know how ADX works, but JADX becomes an oscillator so can't relate how it tells trending.

Jurik replacement for ADX is DMX: DMX

jma.mq4

Does anyone know where jma.mq4 came from?

Has anybody tested jma.mq4 to see if it gives the same results as the actual Jurik JMA?

On Jurik's website there is there is an excel file showing actual JMA results against 16 different signals. Has anybody verified that jma.mq4 can duplicate those results?

Before I invest any time into jma.mq4 I'd like to know if it's the real deal.

Thanks for any help.

AugustLeo

AugustLeo:
Does anyone know where jma.mq4 came from?

Has anybody tested jma.mq4 to see if it gives the same results as the actual Jurik JMA?

On Jurik's website there is there is an excel file showing actual JMA results against 16 different signals. Has anybody verified that jma.mq4 can duplicate those results?

Before I invest any time into jma.mq4 I'd like to know if it's the real deal.

Thanks for any help.

AugustLeo

By way of background, there was a thread on forexfactory.com where the Jurik JMA came up. The following was posted there by Codebreaker:

Codebreaker:
BTW, are folk paying good money for this JMA thingy? Looks to me like a simple raised-cosine-windowed root-nyquist filter with the coeffs tweaked by the trusty old Remez Exchange algorithm. Should take around 10 minutes on MatLab to knock up something equivalent or better...

As far as I can tell, the moving average in jma.mq4 is NOT a "simple raised-cosine-windowed root-nyquist filter with the coeffs tweaked". It's a series of nested exponential moving averages (see jma.mq4 to understand what the code actually does).

I am not convinced yet that jma.mq4 represents the "actual" JMA as provided by Jurik. If anyone can shed light on this, let me know. I had hopes that Spiggy's mq4 code was the real deal, but doesn't look like it. At this point, I'll focus on tailored adaptive asymmetric sinc filters to do what I want.

AugustLeo

rael:
anybody care to explain JADX? i know how ADX works, but JADX becomes an oscillator so can't relate how it tells trending.

why would "anybody care to explain" to somebody who don't care to read

jurik's site: DMX (Linuxer has nerves of steel)

@linuxser, thanks!

@fxbs, what the?!

@rael, what the ?! care to read?

p.s. adx explained on the first page of Jurik's catalog, which is on the first page of his site - that is for those, who care to look

@fxbs, hasn't it occurred to you that maybe, just maybe, the reason why i'm asking is because i'm not aware of that site? your assumptions of people are way off. friendly advise, don't try to control or expect too much. you're gonna be happier that way. see ya!

... hasn't it occurred to you that some don't care to do any efforts (like simple search or - reading the thread), expecting somebody to care to do everyting for them...

friendly advise - try to do some mental efforts - and soon you will be amazed how far you'll get...

p.s. but ...you're not gonna be happier that way... carry on

corny, hahaha!

I've labeled myself as quite the board cop here, and honestly I don't appreciate seeing someone like FXBS, who is a honest contributor here on the forum, one whom I would say is almost hyperactive to be harassed by someone who doesn't understand much and responds to a senior here like a child.

If you bothered reading anything, your question in regards to JADX was rather blatantly stupid.

Jurik is a technique and mathematical equation that creates a more responsive type moving average. Using such a technique in other forms such as ADX also creates a more responsive action. Understanding and or knowing anything about JURIK would have been your first step to knowing what you're talking about.

Your inquiry was rather laughable becuase if you're going to post something in a SPECIALTY thread that is specifically based on JURIK and DIGITAL FILTERING, you'd think you take the time to read what JURIK is.

Knowing that you're probably looking for some holy grail indicator, my response to your "care to explain". DMX will make you millions- trade every signal you get on 1M chart- NO SL NO TP....

rael:
corny, hahaha!