Zigzag indicators - page 35

Try out this one

Left the lines one on the chart simply for comparison with the "line version". Dots are drawn by this one

godrich:
Hello all,

Interested to know if anyone could modify the XLab_ZZ indicator so that it leaves a mark (arrow,dot,x,etc.) when the indicator marks a top/bottom ?

I have included the zigzag-pointerV2 as an example of what I am looking for.

I don't want to change anything else about how the XLab_ZZ indicator works, just want it to leave a mark which will remain even if a new top/bottom is reached.

Thanks in advance for any help that can be given.

All the best,

godrich
Files:

mladen:
Try out this one Left the lines one on the chart simply for comparison with the "line version". Dots are drawn by this one

Mladen,

Thank you very much for putting that together for me.

Just curious, with your modified XLab_ZZ dots indicator, is it coded such that the old dots will remain and new ones will be formed in the case of a false bottom/top ?

godrich

It is working as the rest of the zig zag indicators as far as I see (just tested it and it changed the position of the last through) So, it should be used in a same manner as the zig zag indicators are

godrich:
Mladen,

Thank you very much for putting that together for me.

Just curious, with your modified XLab_ZZ dots indicator, is it coded such that the old dots will remain and new ones will be formed in the case of a false bottom/top ?

mladen:
godrich It is working as the rest of the zig zag indicators as far as I see (just tested it and it changed the position of the last through) So, it should be used in a same manner as the zig zag indicators are

Just tried the indicator out on a M1 chart.

What I was hoping for was to have the indicator coded such that it would leave the dots in place, even if they are wrong, like the zigag pointer v2 does. The v2 indicator will put an arrow on the chart and if that arrow is wrong it will form a new arrow but will also leave the incorrect arrow on the chart.zigzag-pointerv2.mq4

So if the indicator says that a top/bottom/high/low has been achieved and it is wrong the dot will still stay there and a new one will be formed at the higher/lower position.

Is that possible ?

Thanks again,

godrich

Files:

Just checking to see if anybody is able to help with this request ?

I like the XLab_ZZ indicator, just want the code modified so that it will place a dot/arrow/markwhatever on the chart when it believes a bottom/top has been achieved BUT will leave this mark on the chart if it turns out that it is wrong.

Mladen set the indicator up to put a dot on the chart which is quite nice, now I just need that dot to stay on the chart instead of moving if it is wrong.

Zigzag pointer v2 should hopefully give an idea of what I am looking for as it places arrows on the chart but does not remove them if they are wrong.

Not looking for anything else to be changed with the XLab indicator.

Thanks for any help that can be given.

godrich

Files:

godrich

It is not difficult to make that (just comment out each line where it is saying xxxxx = EMPTY_VALUE) but then it will make it a classical repainting indicator (zig zag has its logic but provided that conditions haven't changed if you change chart and come back it will show the same values. The changes you are asking for will make it show different values which will make it a classical case of a repainting indicator and that is why I did not make those changes)

godrich:
Just checking to see if anybody is able to help with this request ?

I like the XLab_ZZ indicator, just want the code modified so that it will place a dot/arrow/markwhatever on the chart when it believes a bottom/top has been achieved BUT will leave this mark on the chart if it turns out that it is wrong.

Mladen set the indicator up to put a dot on the chart which is quite nice, now I just need that dot to stay on the chart instead of moving if it is wrong.

Zigzag pointer v2 should hopefully give an idea of what I am looking for as it places arrows on the chart but does not remove them if they are wrong.

Not looking for anything else to be changed with the XLab indicator.

Thanks for any help that can be given.

godrich

mladen:
godrich It is not difficult to make that (just comment out each line where it is saying xxxxx = EMPTY_VALUE) but then it will make it a classical repainting indicator (zig zag has its logic but provided that conditions haven't changed if you change chart and come back it will show the same values. The changes you are asking for will make it show different values which will make it a classical case of a repainting indicator and that is why I did not make those changes)

hmmmm.....dont want to mess around with coding (no clue in that department) so I guess the next best option would be to manually place a mark on the chart when the XLab indicator places a dot/line for a top/bottom. If the indicator is wrong and a new top/bottom is achieved I will still have my mark.

I am doing this as I am curious to see how much the XLab indicator recalculates.

My understanding (may be wrong) is that the XLab has additional buffers which hopefully will not make it as trigger happy as a normal zig zag.

HI coder,

can u help me add alert this good indicator?

https://c.mql5.com/forextsd/forum/99/dt_zz_nen.mq4

camisa:
hello, has someone made an audio alert for DT_ZZ.mq4? An audio alert that rings as soon as a dot appears (and not only at candle close)

seems like there are 2 request need help make alert indi DT_ZZ from this forum before last year, and 2 years ago (09-16-2010),

I'm third person request (this year)..

All coders please help, Thank You So Much!

DT ZZ - can you make this alert + mtf?

thanks

Reason: