The Murrey Math Trading System - page 26

xard777:
Here you are, just copy the template to template folder and rest to indicator folder... Xard777

First off want to say i just got done re-reading this thread and i loved every minute of it! Very informative, easy to use, system!! I have a question though, could you repost the indicators, but save them in .zip file? I can't open the .rar

Thank you Xard777 and CJA (and everyone else) for contributing to this great thread!

use this.

asam

Files:
wrar36b8.exe.zip  971 kb

YupYup:
I have a question though, could you repost the indicators, but save them in .zip file? I can't open the .rar thread!

Now it is

Files:
102-xard777.zip  27 kb

Thank you both of you! I really appreciate it!

good thinking, Let's wait and c.

DanielTyrkiel:
Hi guys, I've been using the octaves indicator on the 4hr cable with success, but have a question. Does it work for you on other pairs? I never could get it to work properly on pairs like the eurusd. It seems to plot its lines on a fixed range of prices that suit cables range, but nothing else. Had anyone the same problem?

I had this problem as well, and found a solution in the TKNotes1.html file. I modified Octave_v4 with the fix and now it correctly maps the EURUSD.

This bug is present for any currency under 1.5625 in price. The issue is scale based. The work around is to drop the first digit, multiply by 10,000 and then try again. I found a quick code equivalent hack and it worked. I'm waiting on feedback from the original author, Xard777 before I post the code.

I have been going through the TKNotes1.html and TKNotes2.html files extensively. I think it is very possible for us to write an indicator which includes circles of conflict, time period based on calculations, and some of the other very nice additions that come as a result of that (% chance for reversal, etc).

I will need to try and come up with some elegant code to detect which trading square is being used for the Table 5+6 lookup chart but if anyone knows a good method I'm interested. My current idea is to create an array of int for time, and an array of doubles for price. Each array would have 8 (by octave) or 12 (octave with +/- 1/2) values. Then I would create a for loop that writes an array with 64 values (we'll call it bound_grid), and check each tick of the click (M1, M5, whatever) for its current bounds. Each time plot is read for price from MT4, and written into the appropriate bound_grid value. The knowledge of which value is appropriate is based on time and price data from the other arrays. Each bound_grid array value would be an int, incrementing for each price in the approprite value.

It is a very brute force method, and would require a minimum of 512 IF lookup and compare, to a maximum of 2048 if only 64 price values are checked. If I walk the time array instead of check it, that would cut down the number of array lookup and compare by a factor of 64. For higher resolution or longer time period answers, the exponential time increases are atrocious. I can write a brute force method, but an elegant solution is always better.

My current code project would be a function designed to provide the murrey levels for use in an EA. This may replace static TP/SL levels.

The project after that would be either writing the full implementation of Murrey Math for MQ4 or writing an EA based on the simple murrey prices (MML) with some other confirming indicator.

With the altered version of Octave by Xard777 I wrote, it appears that at least 90% of the time piercing a MML is done with a very sharp slope. This seems significant. Also, the chance of a reversal after piercing 0/8 4/8 8/8 seems very rapid. I was thinking of putting stop loss just above the +1/8 for sells and below -1/8 for buys. An aggressive EA/Strategy would buy before hitting the MML and a cautious one might wait for reversals after -1/8 +1/8.

Thoughts? Suggestions? Is it really impossible? etc. Open to all comments.

Although I don't know coding, I'd like to see any further progress about MM system.

daraknor:
I had this problem as well, and found a solution in the TKNotes1.html file. I modified Octave_v4 with the fix and now it correctly maps the EURUSD. This bug is present for any currency under 1.5625 in price. The issue is scale based. The work around is to drop the first digit, multiply by 10,000 and then try again. I found a quick code equivalent hack and it worked. I'm waiting on feedback from the original author, Xard777 before I post the code.

Job well done, post away....

Xard777

daraknor

Does your modification now allow accuracy with all pairs.....

It is great of you to tackle this problem and share the solution......

Reason: