The Murrey Math Trading System - page 146

DanielTyrkiel:
xard, I'm surprised. Your charts used to be so clean, with only murray on them, recently they've become cluttered. Any special reason for the additions? You've always been a great help by the way.

Just lost the plot is all...

cja:
Hi Xard777

What indicator is putting the arrows on your charts, does it repaint or is it accurate, I have been using a MACD cross signal just to confirm the reversals at MM Lines - by the way I like what you have done to the MACD line colours.

cja

Its super signals v2, and yes it does repaint

Enc. indicators that I am currently using...

increase:
also I find that the lines squeeze so close together on small timeframes such as M5 is there any way around this. I tried the Murray math level, where you can set the gap, but then after a while it also cramps so that you can hardly see the divisions?

I've tested the #00MM-TimeFrame indicator live @ 1min along with the labelLvels indicator....set Period on both to 32....works fine....bear in mind it's the candles close that #00MM-TimeFrame indicator uses....both charts did change frame automatically when candle closed beyond the frame.

I had three good trades on the 1hr chart last night...works fine

If you want, change the period to 64

Xard777

enc charts.

ps I also ran the Hi-Close/Lo-Close figure through AMM.exe - they matched up even when the chart moved into a larger frame.

cja:
I have used MM for 18 months and use only the 64 setting. I generally trade off the 5 min while checking out the 1 & 15 min, with a brief check now and then on the 60 min just to see where the support/resistance ( MM Levels ) is and what MACD & RSI are up to.

Hi there CJA,

Have added a rectangle box to indicator...can you tidy up the code if possible...thanx for your help.

Xard777

Hi cja,

Your Guppy MACD indicator works a treat...

enc chart of cable

Any chance of posting your custom panel indicator showing current price

thanx

Xard777

oops....sorry for being impatient...I d/l indicator on other thread...thanx again

added the price indicator to chart enc...

hidethereal:
Would you be willing to post the indicator in your screenshots? The "it's life Jim" indicator. It looks interesting. Thanks

Here is the indicator

re MM Octaves

Hope this piccy helps...

Trading MM:
@ xard777

Great indicator, but can you explain what the purpose is of: 'beginer' and 'SomeVar'?

Thanks,

Have taken these out....also changed the baby 2/8ths color lines...the timeframe will auto change now...

thanx for the feedback...

Xard777

DanielTyrkiel:
Hi guys, I've been using the octaves indicator on the 4hr cable with success, but have a question. Does it work for you on other pairs? I never could get it to work properly on pairs like the eurusd. It seems to plot its lines on a fixed range of prices that suit cables range, but nothing else. Had anyone the same problem?

Seems fine on eurusd daily

Trading MM:
@xard777

For the proper MM calculation based on Highest and Lowest CLOSE

use:

v1=(Close[Lowest(NULL,0,MODE_CLOSE,P+StepBack,0)]);

v2=(Close);

Best regards,

Thanx very much for the update, it is greatly appreciated, and spot on:-)

Xard777

Enc TimeFrame with Period set at 32 (very nice on cable 30min:-)