Digital Filters (basic explanation) - page 4

newdigital:
There are four different type of digital filters:

- Low Pass Filter (FATL/SATL, RFTL/RSTL, KGLP);

- High Pass Filter (KGHP);

- Band Pass Filter (RBCI, KGBP);

- Band Reject (stop) Filter (KGBS).

I moved your post to this thread just because of our 'low pass filter' words. I am not sure that you meant digital filters ...

If you was thinking about digital filters so it was coded already as MTF (posted somewhere on this section).

Ok, cool...I guess this thread would be more appropriate. Well I had an idea for an Indicator. I am trying to learn how to program but its taking longer then I thought it would take. Well anyways. Let me try to clarify what I was trying to say.

If you take a look at the Indicators that I included with this post.

LowPassFilter

N4 TF HAS Bar2.mq4

You can see that the N4 TF HAS Bar indicator. It shows 4 different time frames, and depending on what time frame chart you are currently on, it will display different TF data. If you are on the H1 chart you will see that the Indicator shows W1, D1, H4, H1...If you switch to the M30 chart, you can see the D1,H4,H1,M30. And finally if you switch to the M15 chart, you will see the H4, H1, M30, and M15.

Now, I find the LowPassFilter to be very reliable for finidng trends in the Higher time frames, and picking entries points on the lower time frames.

If someone could make an Indicator Like the N4 TF Has Bar.mq4, but instead of using Heiken Ashi for the signal/data, use the LowPassFilter Instead. I believe it would be a great indicator for picking tops and bottoms of counter trends.

***N4 TF Has Bar.mq4 is complemente by N4 TF Has Bar.mq4. They are used and applied in the same indicator window***

I would try to code this myself, but I am just not up to that level yet.

Any comments.

Files:

Rbci2

Hi Newdigital,

Thanks for your outstanding work here at the forum. I have a question about the RBCI2. I am trying to figure out the math logic behind it. I looked at the code and it seems rather simple, however it uses these numbers to multiply by the bar close for 55 bars back. What are those numbers? What do they mean?

Is it possible to convert this to MT3?

Thank you for your help.

-MG

Do not remember exactly ...

As I remember RBCI is Range Bound Channel Index. Most simple to use it is for estimating oversolded, overbought or neutral price, or to estimate such as local max or local min of the price movement. Besides, RBCI can participate in our stop loss estimation ...

Besides, RBCI indicator can be used to estimate or predict some price movement in the near future when other indicators are in contradiction between each other.

As to me so I used RBCI in similar way as DeMarker for example, or as BB on separate window.

As to formula so RBCI = FATL - SATL.

I remember that this RBCI is using together with other digfital indicators (FATL and FTLM for example) estimating the market condition and most effective time to open the order. If analyzing RBCI together with PCCI so we can receive or predict some stop loss or tke profit for our order ...

It is all that I remember now without reading any articles or threads.

I will come back to this digital filters when we will programmed the market condition evaluation/estimation/forecasting for RAs signals for portfolio.

Files:

Rbci2

Thanks NewDigital,

The one that I have on MT4 is RBCI2, which has these overbought, oversold bands - are you familiar with this version, and does it exist on MT3?

Thanks,

MG

I did not find RBCI2 for MT3 ... just RBCI only.

But RBCI2 and RBCI are very similar.

I used it for the long time: just look at this thread from the beginning https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173071

and this post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/172923/page2

I am planning to continue using it just because of some tast about evaluation of the market condition for RAS in the future for example.

Is it possible to generate a digital TRIX?

Need help to change the color of an indicator

Hello,

After several attempts without success, I know how to change the color of the indicator according to the trend:

if trend is positive then couleur1

if trend is negative then couleur2

Thank you in advance for your help

Files:

Can anyone tell me?

Can anyone tell me the relationship between trading and digital filters.I have came across first time this term in trading.

Any advice will be appreciable.

Before venturing into that direction, you would need to understand what exactly digital filters are.

In an electrical engineering standpoint, digital filters were created in a sense to filter out noise. Noise is more or less defined by digital filters by the extent of how far they would go by a generated mean value- what some might think would be a "general trend." These filters were build to find unknown values of frequencies.

There are two standpoints in using digital filters to trade. One is to use a digital filter to find the "unknown known" cycle frequency, that would, in a sense, represent the natural "flow/Cycle" of the currency. Hence finding multiple frequencies and coinciding troughs and peaks can hopefully lend itself to a high probability trade.

The other standpoint is to use a digital filter as some way to find the overall direction of the trend, sort of like a extremely fancy version of a move average. There are obviously many states of mind that will say that digital filters work or they do not- but trading in itself is an art, and you'll need to learn the ins and outs before making a decision if this type of trading is for you.

Reason: