SHI Indicators - page 4

forexts:
Draws an automatic channel with parallel lines[/QUOTE i cannot find an article how to use SHI channel true in this forum. please someone help me. thanks

I think we may use it in the same way as support/resistance.

Look at channel trading system https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173261 or on any other thread related to support and resistance.

Need Help

Hello Dear....

I had modified shi channel mq4. when the price cross the trendline channel will have alert, but why it does not have alert sound?

please..., help me to make it correct...

Thank you

Files:

SHI SilverTrendSig question...

I'm new to this forum in terms of posting, but i have been an avid reader and i just wanted to thank all of you for sharing all of your knowledge. I have what will hopefully be a quick question regarding the SHI SilverTrendSig 1 or 2.

I know it repaints, don't worry that itsn't the question. I'm not too familiar with the coding aspect of Metatrader, so my question is this. If you were to code an EA, and your basic rule (for simplicity) was that The SHI shows a dot, and then one or two other indicators confirm by crossing or whatever, does the EA know which dot to look for and can it keep track of that? I guess maybe a better way to ask it would be with an example.

Lets say you are watcing the chart, a 15 min. You get a red sell dot above bar 1. Bar 2 repaints and you get a sell signal again. Bar 3 repaints and you get a sell signal again. As the price starts to go down, no more red dots are painted. And lets say at Bar 5 your other indicators cross to confirm the sell. Would the EA know that the Bar 3 dot occurred, or would it still think that Dot 1 was the only one there. It seems like when i've watched charts, it won't repaint unless you change time frames and then go back. I was wondering if the code of the EA would know the repainting occurred, even if visually you can't see it until you switch time frames and then switch back.

Sorry for the long post. I guess a quick question can be lengthy. :-)

Safe Pips,

c

Angle Of The Hours Channel

I am trying to use this Hour Channel indicator as part of my EA. The coding in the indicator does not use a buffer so I do not know how to import any angle data or at least import whether the indicator is in a up angle or down angle for trend direction. Can somebody look at this indicator code and see if then can help me to receive angle data via a buffer?? I use the indicator on 5-min graph using 1-hour indicator setting.

Much thanks in advance - Good indicator, just need it to give me an angle or at least be able to tell my ea via a buffer whether it is pointing upwards or downwards with maybe a 1 or 0 value.

Thanks for the help!! Indicator is attached.

Dave

Files:

Can someone please change this?

I was wondering if someone could make this indicator automatically start with its bars being width number 2, every time i set them, and then re-load my platform it resets....I have tried to figure out how to do it, but no success

Thank you in advance

swdrsk88:
I was wondering if someone could make this indicator automatically start with its bars being width number 2, every time i set them, and then re-load my platform it resets....I have tried to figure out how to do it, but no success Thank you in advance

Change this:

SetIndexStyle(0,DRAW_HISTOGRAM,0,1);

SetIndexStyle(1,DRAW_HISTOGRAM,0,1);[/PHP]

To this:

[PHP]SetIndexStyle(0,DRAW_HISTOGRAM,0,2);

SetIndexStyle(1,DRAW_HISTOGRAM,0,2);

I think that's what you want.

Bars Size

swdrsk88:
I was wondering if someone could make this indicator automatically start with its bars being width number 2, every time i set them, and then re-load my platform it resets....I have tried to figure out how to do it, but no success Thank you in advance

Here you go

shi_silvertrendcolourbars_v1.mq4

Looking for a channel indicator that alerts

Looking for a channel indicator that alerts when the slope changes direction anyone help please?

increase:
Looking for a channel indicator that alerts when the slope changes direction anyone help please?

Some help in the answer to your other post: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173574/page158

increase:

found on my comp (didn't looked inside - hopefully it is what it says)

Reason: