Forecasting indicators - page 10

etrade:
all ang indicators just show signal for very recent data Is it possible to modify these useful indicators to be shown on the whole history of the chart ?

No you can't and if you do the indicator becomes useless.

newdigital:
I am playing with this indicators with the Ichimoku settings: 5, 10, 20 which I changed in Ichimoku indicator and in this KijunTenKan+ indicator as well (for M15 timeframe).

And I am using some set of indicator (see the image attached).

If somebody is interested I may post all the set here. But it is my estimation only. Because it is very good to analyze the probability to know where the price will go to. I may analyze it every time. For example, in BrainTrading system we can not analyze anything, just wait for the signals and confirmation. In this set we may know everything about the price and flat (with some probability of course).

In your pic, where can I get that Trend indicator?

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/172904

It is iTrend indicator converted by Ramdass from MT3 and improved with many variations. I updated this post https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/172972 with few other versions (incl this one as on the image).

Ok, thanks.

Is there any data for backtesting to indicate how such predictions are correct ?

newdigital:
Two forecasting indicators from Metaquotes website russian version:

1. DailyLevels indicator: support/resistence for previous day + max/min/middle daily according to Paramon system.

2. Calculation the future day indicator.

Based on Neal T. Weintraub 'The Weintraub Daytrader'. The full description are insidethe code as small article (in Russian).

As I understand it is forecasting of the support and resistance for the next day.

Yes, of course. Just attach those 2 indicators to the chart (D1 timeframe).

And indicator from the first post of this hread is interesting as well (and can be backtested on the chart too).

How to use indicators?

Use in the beginning of the day when new daily bar is just opened.

Could you please tell us what is the difference of these two indicators ?

They look indentical ...

newdigital:
Two interesting zigzag indicators from the same author.

ang_fourier

Hi Team,

Been lurking here for a while. Just a couple of quick questions, hope someone can help.

The indicator ang_fourier (as posted by newdigital), has shown some very good progress in regards to scalping for me. I was wondering the logic behind it (in laymans terms), I scoured the net for possible explanations but always came up with mathematical mumbo jumbo, that had me stumped.

Any explanation, rhyme or reason as to how it works would be greatly appreciated.

newdigital:
It is indicator for forecasting of the daily range according to DeMark (daily range - min and max D1 or support/resistance on the current or next day). Author of the indicator is KimIV. This indicator is not working on D1 and more higher timeframes.

But H4, H1, M30 and m15 is ok.

And 100 days is ok (see image). But I think 100 days is necessary just for backtesting only. The most important thing is forecasting for tomorrow and daily range in the current day.

You can actually use these to trade breakouts on as well. Especially for anything that doesn't trade 24 hrs and opens above or below these lines, you can trade them in the direction of the high/low towards the opening gap. Pretty reliable trade, each and every day. Its a variation of TD Rebo, if anyone is familiar. On fx charts, I would recommend trading breakouts on smaller timeframes, confirmed with TD Breakout Qualifiers, or on a simple pullback to the 8ema, if price is strongly trending.

Reason: