When are you planning to move on MT5 ? - page 3

Frederic Metraux:

Yes it is.

I need the "I never used MT4 and never will" option :)

:P i am atc 2011 participant and i have used mt5 , i know both mt4 and mt5 they are not very different . Yes i will use mt5 only when major borkers migrate to it or atc comes back.

till mt4 ends completely.

Farrukh Aleem: :P i am atc 2011 participant and i have used mt5 , i know both mt4 and mt5 they are not very different . Yes i will use mt5 only when major borkers migrate to it or atc comes back.

From a traders point of view, yes I agree that they don't seem so different!

However, "pop the hood" and start looking at it from a coders point of view and things become very frustratingly different!

Farrukh Aleem:

:P i am atc 2011 participant and i have used mt5 , i know both mt4 and mt5 they are not very different . Yes i will use mt5 only when major borkers migrate to it or atc comes back.

Yes, if you are not a coder, but only a trader / user you are right, they are very similar, with the difference that MT5 has many more features. Only advantages. If you are a coder, there's more differences, as Fernando and Marco mentioned, but I don't understand too frustration. You only have to read documentation and learn, exactly equal than you did when you wanted to learn mql4. Regards.

By the way: there already are many major brokers offering hedging accounts in MT5:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/164030

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/88774

More than 100 major brokers around the world offer MetaTrader 5
More than 100 major brokers around the world offer MetaTrader 5
  • www.mql5.com
Recently, a number of major brokers, including ActivTrades, Just2Trade, NAS Broker and Halifax Investment Services, announced the launch of MetaTra...

Jose Francisco Casado Fernandez: ... If you are a coder, there's more differences, as Fernando and Marco mentioned, but I don't understand too frustration. You only have to read documentation and learn ...
The frustration comes from the "transition", not from the learning it from scratch! In my opinion, MQL5 is not an upgrade to MQL4 but a completely different product line.

It is not necessary to panic.

It is likely that the recent statements of Metaquote were intended to raise an increase in the royalties paid by brokers for MT4 servers !!!

Fernando Carreiro:
The frustration comes from the "transition", not from the learning it from scratch! In my opinion, MQL5 is not an upgrade to MQL4 but a completely different product line.

That's why I said that you have to read the documentation and learn mql5 just like you did when you learned mql4, ie from scratch and NOT try to do things like you did in mql4. Regarding the trade functions you have to learn from scratch. You'd better forget what you knew about mql4.

I agree, it is a different product, fortunately (at least for me).

Regards.

stanislass:

It is not necessary to panic.

It is likely that the recent statements of Metaquote were intended to raise an increase in the royalties paid by brokers for MT4 servers !!!

It's possible, but I think people who answer "Never" to this poll, should realize that it seems impossible. There will come a time when MT4 can no longer be used, sooner or later. If you are ready for that moment, it will be better for you.

Regards.

Jose Francisco Casado Fernandez:

It's possible, but I think people who answer "Never" to this poll, should realize that it seems impossible. There will come a time when MT4 can no longer be used, sooner or later. If you are ready for that moment, it will be better for you.

Not impossible, it may well be that many, if MT4 is withdrawn will turn to another platform. Metaquotes are not the only kid on the block.

Yes of course.
But throw away everything that already exists?
Years of development of thousand people around the world?
Hmmm ... Not sure that was very popular.
Reason: