Do you like Ea with martingale strategy?

• 36% (27)
  • 55% (41)
  • 8% (6)
Total voters: 74

Martingale is a disaster strategy it will blow out your account even if there is good profit for several month but there is max DD and lot of orders opened to recover the balance

This is the strategy that continually makes you nervous. At any moment you can blow your account.

Martingale - like playing with the fire. It can burn your account anytime.

Martingale is NOT a strategy. It is a type of money management scheme (and not a good one).

You still need an underlying strategy the produces more than a 50% win rate, before you can even consider applying a Martingale on it.

The higher the win rate of the underlying strategy, the longer the Martingale will last before it eventually blows the account (which is guaranteed to happen, sooner or later).

Olga Kochergenko:
This is the strategy that continually makes you nervous. At any moment you can blow your account.
Yeah exactly it let traders don't sleep HAHAHAHA, if the trend continue its direction like EURUSD in July 2014 the trend was going low and went to price: 1.04616 on March 2015 about 3000 Pips all traders using Martingale system was blow out from the Market and loose lot of money

MARTINGALE STRATEGY I CALL IT MARGINCALL STRATEGY

What about using the martingale method for exit instead of entry ?!

That's it, scaling out in a martingale fashion.

Example : Buy 5 Lots.  --> Close 0.1 @ +10 pips, 0.2 @ +20 pips, 0.4 @ +30 pips,  0.8 @ +40 pips, 1.6 @ 50 ... and so on.

Just a thought   :)

Still fear is should using martingale strategy, but I am hear many ea based on this strategy, and I am never try it and still like with trading manually

But maybe this strategy also high risk high gain if making profit also huge profit obtained

If Martingale worked then somebody would have already made all the money in the world and we would be working for him/her. 

Another "great idea" along with Martingale is the "strategy" of getting a losing system and reversing sides:  when the system says sell, you buy; when the system says buy, you sell.  This is another idea that never works.

Martingale the way it is discussed at length at these forum posts has nothing to do with scaling into and out of positions when you have a long time frame and trading with a trend.  This makes good sense if you can do it but you have to understand what the market is doing so you don't end up top heavy, meaning your average price is closer and closer to market prices and any minor reversal causes a very quick loss to accumulate.

Trading is a business and not gambling.  And even playing Black in Roulette will end up breaking your bank, that is why people play the numbers, they are gambling and like the thrill of the risk and in a reversal quick highs and lows.  Making money in forex is patient investing, calculating risk, protecting your positions, standing aside if you aren't confident of the move etc. 

But I know I am talking to "the hand."  But good luck.

A pure "Martingale"  money management system has an advantage over standard methods in recovering a previously lost position.  Problem is most folks are confused by the definition of a martingale and often mistake martingale with an "averaging down system"    A pure Martingale refers only to a doubling of the previous stake (lot size).  Additionally, will never consist of two or more simultaneous open positions.   Discipline in trading also means knowing when to accept the loss and get out of a potential loosing streak.   Ideally pair Martingale with a strategy shown rarely to have consecutive losses and know when to accept defeat in a loosing streak.

Reason: