martingale strategy - page 2

Is it really necessary to flood this thread (or the many others on which you do the same) with so many "pocket" (copy/paste) posts?

On this thread, a poster has already placed a link to a list of all related threads. Do you really need to "pocket" them again here?

When we users do this sort of thing, we get called upon to stop because it is against the forum's rules. Don't you think that a moderator should be the first to set the example?

Fernando Carreiro:

Is it really necessary to flood this thread (or the many others on which you do the same) with so many "pocket" (copy/paste) posts?

On this thread, a poster has already placed a link to a list of all related threads. Do you really need to "pocket" them again here?

When we users do this sort of thing, we get called upon to stop because it is against the forum's rules. Don't you think that a moderator should be the first to set the example?

It was necessary "to flood this thread with so many pockets", or to delete this thread.
Because topic starter opened few threads promoting his signals (I deleted one thread today and I can not delete this thread because it is old thread: old threads can not be deletred by moderators).

Thus, the only way to do with such the promotional threads are the following:

- delete it, or if we can not so

- place many links to video, articles and the EAs just telling to the users that we are having free things other than the signals promoted by topic starter.

Fernando Carreiro:

You can do the same action as I am doing: if you see the threads opened by topic starter and those threads are not deleted (and those threads are on the top of the forum) - you can find same but free CodeBase EAs, indicators and articles to promote them on the thread to turn the discussion from "how good this seller and let's buy everything from him" to let's learn and try many same articles and CodeBase EAs.

--------------

Because it is not easy for moderators to understand the reason of the threads (fully promotional or not) based on few first posts ... and it may be too late to delete ... so the only way is to let the people know that we in mql5 are having the articles and CodeBase EAs to turn the discussion to the other way.

--------------

I can post 3 or 5 pages from the pocket but I do not have time for that now sorry. 

Sergey Golubev:

It was necessary "to flood this thread with so many pockets", or to delete this thread.
Because topic starter opened few threads promoting his signals (I deleted one thread today and I can not delete this thread because it is old thread: old threads can not be deletred by moderators).

Thus, the only way to do with such the promotional threads are the following:

- delete it, or if we can not so

- place many links to video, articles and the EAs just telling to the users that we are having free things other than the signals promoted by topic starter.

You can do the same action as I am doing: if you see the threads opened by topic starter and those threads are not deleted (and those threads are on the top of the forum) - you can find same but free CodeBase EAs, indicators and articles to promote them on the thread to turn the discussion from "how good this seller and let's buy everything from him" to let's learn and try many same articles and CodeBase EAs.

Because it is not easy for moderators to understand the reason of the threads (fully promotional or not) based on few first posts ... and it may be too late to delete ... so the only way is to let the people know that we in mql5 are having the articles and CodeBase EAs to turn the discussion to the other way.

I can post 3 or 5 pages from the pocket but I do not have time for that now sorry. 

I don't agree, because you are just making a dying thread more popular, instead of just ignoring it and letting it die by itself.

On my own CodeBase submission a few years back, you flooded the discussion with the same identical "Pocket", on 3 different occasions with an entry which was somewhat irrelevant to the Indicator in question. One post would have been sufficient, but in triplicate - what was the reasoning behind that?

I have also seen you pick up on a thread that was more then 6 years old and waking it up with a flood of your pockets for no reason at all. That makes no sense at all and is quite annoying!

Yes, I know that you do not agree with me (and I will never agree with you). This is our public disagreement.

This thread is more popular because of the my posts, and the users can see the article/EA/video I posted here and it is on the top now.

----------------

Which thread 6 years old?
This one?
How to Start with Metatrader 5 

Just for your information: there are key threads on the forum which will always be on the top irrespective how many years old there are. 

----------------

I will not delete our posts/taalking here. 

About CodeBase ... I think that if the coder uploaded script/indicator/EA with some short description and told nothing to newbies about how to use it - it is not good at all.
Because there are more newbies here on the forum than professional traders/coders. And more new people are coming and asking samew questions all the time.

And just a code to CodeBase without any detailed description to very newbies about howq to use it - nothing.

I will continuing to post my comments to CodeBase from external sources on the way to the articles with the detailed description about very basic things. 

And about this post:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Do you like Ea with martingale strategy?

Fernando Carreiro, 2016.12.13 14:50

Martingale is NOT a strategy. It is a type of money management scheme (and not a good one).

You still need an underlying strategy the produces more than a 50% win rate, before you can even consider applying a Martingale on it.

The higher the win rate of the underlying strategy, the longer the Martingale will last before it eventually blows the account (which is guaranteed to happen, sooner or later).

You know that this is promotional thread as well (the topic starter is promoting the products/signals).
Why are you supporting it?
Why are you supporting those kind oif threads instead of uploading some article or CodeBase link?

I am not at home now sorry but when I come back so I will open some thread about our rules etc just to explain about what I did/do and will do here especially for newbies and MQ Articles/EAs/CodeBase promotion.
I think it will avoid any misunderstanding.

Sergey Golubev:

Yes, I know that you do not agree wiuth me (and I will never agree with you). This is our public disagreement.

This thread is more popular because of the my posts, and the users can see the article/EA/video I posted here and it is on the top now.

----------------

Which thread 6 years old?
This one?
How to Start with Metatrader 5 

Just for your information: there are key threads on the forum which will always be on the top irrespective how many years old there are. 

----------------

I will not delete our posts/taalking here.

About CodeBase ... I think that if the coder uploaded script/indicator/EA with some short description and told nothing to newbies about how to use it - it is not good at all.
Because there are more newbies here on the forum than professional traders/coders. And more new people are coming and asking samew questions all the time.

And just a code to CodeBase without any detailed description to very newbies about howq to use it - nothing.

I will continuing to post my comments to CodeBase from external sources on the way to the articles with the detailed description about very basic things.

You know that this is promotional thread as well (the topic starter is promoting the products/signals).
Why are you supporting it?
Why are you supporting those kind oif threads instead of uploading some article or CodeBase link?

Maybe you should have taken a look at my CodeBase entry in question before stating such a false premise!

But, I am not going to argue any more, because obviously we have conflicting notions about what "flooding" is and neither am I in a position of equal footing to face a MetaQuotes backed moderator!

So, I will have to bow out of this discussion, and accept the unwarranted defeat!

Sergey Golubev:
I am not at home now sorry but when I come back so I will open some thread about our rules etc just to explain about what I did/do and will do here especially for newbies and MQ Articles/EAs/CodeBase promotion.
I think it will avoid any misunderstanding.

And name of the thread may be the following: How To Help To Newbies.
And everybody can explain about what they did or will do in this case (and I will explain).

----------- 

It is good discussion anyway. 

Reason: