Where can i find MT5 api...?

Can i get the link, documentations for Metatrader 5 API...? Any tutorials or sample programs available...?

What is FIX API ... and in which specific ways can I use it in my trading activity?

I've read the related site and some other web sites, but could not understand so much how I can benefit from it as an individual trader.

attila.okcu:

What is FIX API ... and in which specific ways can I use it in my trading activity?

I've read the related site and some other web sites, but could not understand so much how I can benefit from it as an individual trader.

benefit for individual trader?
no idea sorry.

I see that many individual traders (I think they are developers of 3-rd part applications etc) are asking for API but from what I understand - this API will be available for the brokers only for MT5 (and the brokers may provide it for the traders/developers if the brokers decide it to provide).

Sergey Golubev:
benefit for individual trader?
no idea sorry.

I see that many individual traders (I think they are developers of 3-rd part applications etc) are asking for API but from what I understand - this API will be available for the brokers only for MT5 (and the brokers may provide it for the traders/developers if the brokers decide it to provide).

I don't have any programming background ... so need help for the correct terminology.

The Metatrader API is the collection of functions documented in the MQL documentation, isn't it?

attila.okcu:

I don't have any programming background ... so need help for the correct terminology.

The Metatrader API is the collection of functions documented in the MQL documentation, isn't it?

There is no Metatrader 5 API.

There is mql5, it's a programming language, which you can be uses inside MT5 to code indicators or strategy.

If you don't have any programming background, forget about FIX API, it's not for you ;-)

Alain Verleyen:

There is no Metatrader 5 API.

There is mql5, it's a programming language, which you can be uses inside MT5 to code indicators or strategy.

If you don't have any programming background, forget about FIX API, it's not for you ;-)

I will employ a full time programmer, so I try to learn every algo related thing as far as I can ... I'm even studying C and MQL5 in these days for communicating more effectively with the prospective programmer :)

So, in this frame, can you give some specific examples ... what can be done with the FIX API?

attila.okcu:

It's a server API which will allow you to communicate directly with the trading server. Mostly useful for HFT.
What is FIX API?
What is FIX API?
  • forexware.com
FIX (Financial Information Exchange) API (application programming interface) is an electronic communications protocol for financial information exchange. In our case, we use it to allow communication between a client, trader, investment fund, or broker and a liquidity provider. FIX API is a universal standard. It’s used by numerous banks, prime...

Alain Verleyen:
It's a server API which will allow you to communicate directly with the trading server. Mostly useful for HFT.
Thanks a lot ... a more clear picture I have now.

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Something Interesting in Financial Video December 2016

Muhammad Syamil Bin Abdullah, 2016.11.29 08:32

Recently i saw some people interested in fix api trading, some ask about MetaTrader 5 fix api which is currently unavailable. But for general knowledge and getting to know about what is Fix API trading will be a good thing especially for people who want to venture into HFT.

This video give introduction to FIX API trading, the pro and cons, setup and so on.

Thank you Sergey ... I will watch the video at the first oppurtunity.
Reason: