MetaQuotes "This is the last MT4 upgrade" IMPOSSIBLE !! - page 5

The company has increased the monthly support fees it charges on every additional MetaTrader 4 server that clients use by about a third.

The change comes only days after the software developer of the most popular trading platform amongst retail foreign exchange traders initially increased its monthly support fees. The company has been increasing fees for its MT4 clients while leaving the MetaTrader 5 door wide open for new clients. Currently the license fee for the newest platform of the company is much lower than for MetaTrader 4. 

http://www.financemagnates.com/forex/technology/exclusive-metaquotes-raises-monthly-support-fees-additional-mt4-servers/

Exclusive: MetaQuotes Raises Monthly Support Fees for Additional MT4 Servers
Exclusive: MetaQuotes Raises Monthly Support Fees for Additional MT4 Servers
  • Victor Golovtchenko
  • www.financemagnates.com
The company sends out another email to brokers informing them about upcoming fee increases.

honest_knave:

http://www.financemagnates.com/forex/technology/exclusive-metaquotes-raises-monthly-support-fees-additional-mt4-servers/

It probably means 30% better support for MT4 since then :)

Ovo Cz:
It probably means 30% better support for MT4 since then :)

Really????.  LOL.

What this means is that they encourage brokers to switch to MT5 (MT5 is cheaper than MT4 now).

One more step that gives MetaQuotes in the same direction as the previous ones (transition to MT5).

Regards.

Jose Francisco Casado Fernandez:

Really????.  LOL.

What this means is that they encourage brokers to switch to MT5 (MT5 is cheaper than MT4 now).

One more step that gives MetaQuotes in the same direction as the previous ones (transition to MT5).

Regards.

MT5 cost 25000$ fee MT4 cost 100000$ fee. Thats also what my broker told me a month ago, still brokers like to pay more and use MT4.

It must have a reason dont you think?

Quite simply, the brokers cannot just turn off MT4 servers overnight for all their existing clients. There has to be some form of transition.

MetaQuotes is now offering an incentive for the brokers to start that transition.

I don't think it will be too long before we see the first announcements from brokers giving an end date for providing MT4 to their clients. 

Bernhard Schweigert:

MT5 cost 25000$ fee MT4 cost 100000$ fee. Thats also what my broker told me a month ago, still brokers like to pay more and use MT4.

It must have a reason dont you think?

Just what I said.

What platform do you think will be most used in 2020???. Still MT4???. Will it be the everlasting platform??. Will MetaQuotes continue fixing MT4 bugs in 2020???.

Will everyone be happy with no new feature anymore and only fix 2 or 3 bugs every 6 months ???

Currently someone can tell me what are the advantages of MT4 over MT5 ???. I've asked about it from several places and no one has answered me with any consistent reason. Only that it is used by more people. Of course, in 2005 everyone was using Windows XP as well. Today how many people are still using Windows XP ??.

Regards

Today how many people are still using Windows XP ??.

An interesting analogy. 90% of computers in UK's National Health Service, nearly 20,000 computers in London's Metropolitan Police and the US Navy to name just a few who still hang on to the vestiges of Windows XP. The reason is that they have so much invested in that O/S they can't let it go that easily.

Which brings us around to MT4. The brokers have a great deal invested in MT4 by virtue of the fact that their customers rely on it, and it is the customers who bring in the profits.

The abundance of indicators and expert advisors freely available on the internet have become the hallmark for MT4. Many aspiring traders started their trading journey using a free copy of MT4 with a chart lit up like a Christmas tree.

Any successful trader would not baulk at the cost of paying a professional to migrate their "system" from MT4 to MT5; we're not talking about a country's health service or navy here!

So why the fear and loathing of moving to MT5?

I can only surmise it is because many traders are still struggling to find their edge, but they are tenaciously hanging on to the dream that the key to their trading success remains locked away in some obscure MT4 indicator that has yet to be ported over to MT5.

The traders who have not yet achieved tangible success cannot (or will not) throw money at a plethora of indicators and EAs in the hope they turn out to be the hidden gem. Therefore the fear of losing this huge MT4 repository is filling them with anger / fear / annoyance.

MT4 is not going anywhere. there is a reason it is one of the most widely used platforms, and they are not going to just stop because it is mt4 that is keeping them afloat. that is like apple stopping production of the iphone. not going to happen

honest_knave:

An interesting analogy. 90% of computers in UK's National Health Service, nearly 20,000 computers in London's Metropolitan Police and the US Navy to name just a few who still hang on to the vestiges of Windows XP. The reason is that they have so much invested in that O/S they can't let it go that easily.

Which brings us around to MT4. The brokers have a great deal invested in MT4 by virtue of the fact that their customers rely on it, and it is the customers who bring in the profits.

The abundance of indicators and expert advisors freely available on the internet have become the hallmark for MT4. Many aspiring traders started their trading journey using a free copy of MT4 with a chart lit up like a Christmas tree.

Any successful trader would not baulk at the cost of paying a professional to migrate their "system" from MT4 to MT5; we're not talking about a country's health service or navy here!

So why the fear and loathing of moving to MT5?

I can only surmise it is because many traders are still struggling to find their edge, but they are tenaciously hanging on to the dream that the key to their trading success remains locked away in some obscure MT4 indicator that has yet to be ported over to MT5.

The traders who have not yet achieved tangible success cannot (or will not) throw money at a plethora of indicators and EAs in the hope they turn out to be the hidden gem. Therefore the fear of losing this huge MT4 repository is filling them with anger / fear / annoyance.

Totaly agreed honest knave. If you are a coder MT5 is a mess (just my oppinion).

Just what I said.

What platform do you think will be most used in 2020???. Still MT4???. Will it be the everlasting platform??. Will MetaQuotes continue fixing MT4 bugs in 2020???.

Will everyone be happy with no new feature anymore and only fix 2 or 3 bugs every 6 months ???

Currently someone can tell me what are the advantages of MT4 over MT5 ???. I've asked about it from several places and no one has answered me with any consistent reason. Only that it is used by more people. Of course, in 2005 everyone was using Windows XP as well. Today how many people are still using Windows XP ??.

Regards

I am using windows 7 now on my laptop, but also using windown xp on desktop computer

running mt4 also still smoothly, I am ever trying download mt5 but often fail then not try again till now
Reason: