What would it take to get everyone to finally switch to MT5? (collecting opinions) - page 40

xxz:

Except that it makes me write two extra lines, as in getting the date, let the developer get it from anywhere and give it to me on one line...

You're picking on little things. We are thinking globally here).

Алексей Тарабанов:

Why?

because, when I was preparing these two files, it was the day Renat announced that he would release a new tester in Five, well I decided then that it was sort of irrelevant and started mocking that code, and now I have no desire to clean and restore it...

Реter Konow:

Well, I personally see people expressing dissatisfaction. Massively and constantly. Do you think they're either blithely stupid or bought by the competition? I don't think so.

It is impossible to draw a clear conclusion from individual posts. Everyone is talking rubbish. Even you.)

Uladzimir Izerski:

If a niche in the 4 is lost, prepare for bankruptcy. Businesses sometimes overlook their competitors.

I'm sure they do. Smart competitors always analyse the situation and work out secret developments. I don't even doubt it.

Реter Konow:

Well, I personally see people expressing dissatisfaction. Massively and constantly. Do you think they're either blithely stupid or bought by the competition? I don't think so.

Do you remember how people were constantly demanding more features of the mql4 language from MK and voicing their dissatisfaction? And it was massive and constant. The picture doesn't change. They got it. Now what? And now - give it all back! So who are these people?

Uladzimir Izerski:

You're picking on little things. We're talking about the big picture here.)

It's not the little things, it's the boorishness of making you do extra work, and there are plenty of little things like that in Five (language, terminal, tester)...

Artyom Trishkin:

Do you remember how people were constantly demanding that MK expand the capabilities of the mql4 language and voicing their grievances ? And it was massive and constant. The picture doesn't change. They got it. Now what? And now - give it all back! So who are these people?

The difference is that everyone switched to MQL4. Quickly. No one was left behind. Now the situation is different. The major part of them are left behind and are not switching. What does it mean? That when people transitioned to a B, they really got what they wanted, and when they transitioned to an A, some were told welcome, and others were sent,... to study...

Is that the right thing to do?

Uladzimir Izerski:

You're picking on little things. We are thinking globally here.)

It's a lot of little things.

The CSymbol class is bothering me. It's a convenient class, but I keep forgetting which update method should be called for which properties, it's not mentioned in documentation, so I have to look into the class code.

xxz:

It's not the little things, it's the rudeness to make you do extra work, and such little things in Five (language, terminal, tester) are a dime a dozen...

I am speechless... The rudeness is coming from you now. Nonsense. Two lines took you two weeks? It's really baffling what you said about two extra lines. That's the level of a programmer! A pro...

I'd be ashamed to say such nonsense...

Реter Konow:

The difference is that everyone switched to MQL4. Quickly. No one was left behind. Now the situation is different. The major part of them are left behind and are not switching. What does it mean? That when people transitioned to a B, they really got what they wanted, and when they transitioned to an A, some were told welcome, and others were sent,... to study...

Is that the right thing to do?

Same howling. And the same squeaking, squeaking, but got on in the end.

Reason: