Why Metatrader don't have Server Trailing Stop Loss?

Why Metatrader don't have Server Trailing Stop Loss? There's a lot of trading platform that have Server Trailing Stop Loss. I think its winning feature. Why you don't add it?

You can set either manually or your EA can set it or you have plenty of scripts and EAs (so called trade manager) that are doing this.

Carl Schreiber:
The You can set either manually or your EA can set it or you have plenty of scripts and EAs (so called trade manager) that are doing this.

The other feature that I consider should be added to the server is "Close Open Order" at a set time.

Currently I manage my trades with an EA, which adds another point of failure. 

Carl Schreiber:
You can set either manually or your EA can set it or you have plenty of scripts and EAs (so called trade manager) that are doing this.
Server Trailing Stop Loss is used to run the trailing stop loss in Server Side to avoid big losses caused by unexpected loss of electrical power or brownout. I don't want to run my computer 24 hours that consume more electrical power or I don't want to rent a VPS to run my metatrader. Do you get the point?

1. If you have an open position
  2. place the mouse over the horizontal entry line of that position
  3. click on the right mouse button
  4. You'll see an little window
  5. at the bottom you'll see Trailing Stop
  6. Open its fall down menu
  7. Choose either a predefined distance or
  8. Choose custom and enter the number you'd like

( OR you press F1 of your terminal and enter "Trailing" in the enter filed of the serach tab ... )

Now you have a trailing stop managed by the server.

No need to have a VPN for that!

Musngi:
Server Trailing Stop Loss is used to run the trailing stop loss in Server Side to avoid big losses caused by unexpected loss of electrical power or brownout. I don't want to run my computer 24 hours that consume more electrical power or I don't want to rent a VPS to run my metatrader. Do you get the point?
  1. Well too bad. Metaquotes is not a broker. Only the broker has a server so only a broker can have a server side TSL. Metaquotes can't do what you want.
  2. As far as power, 80 watt PS * 24 * 365 / 1000 = 700 Kilowatt-hours. Average cost is $0.12 per. So you can't afford $84 per year, you can't afford to trade.

whroeder1:
  1. Well too bad. Metaquotes is not a broker. Only the broker has a server so only a broker can have a server side TSL. Metaquotes can't do what you want

No, it is completely controlled by MetaQuotes.

MetaQuotes provide the client terminal and the server software. Whether a broker offering MT4/5 can provide a server-side trailing stop is not in the broker's control. It depends on MetaQuotes including that functionality in the software which they provide to brokers and traders.

Only MetaQuotes could change the MT4/5 software so that adding a trailing stop in the client terminal sends an instruction to the server rather than running the stop client-side, and only they could modify the server software so that it then processes that trailing stop.

JC:

MetaQuotes provide the client terminal and the server software. Whether a broker offering MT4/5 can provide a server-side trailing stop is not in the broker's control. It depends on MetaQuotes including that functionality in the software which they provide to brokers and traders.

Only MetaQuotes could change the MT4/5 software so that adding a trailing stop in the client terminal sends an instruction to the server rather than running the stop client-side, and only they could modify the server software so that it then processes that trailing stop.

... being very, very pedantic, the following scenario is possible technologically, but implausible commercially.

The MT4/5 Server software has a plug-in mechanism. The MT4/5 Server could provide a way for server-side plug-ins to say "I am going to accept and implement server-side trailing stops". The server-side stop would then be handled by the plug-in. It would be something which brokers bought from a third-party, rather than from MetaQuotes themselves, like they currently do with a bridge or a MAM etc.

But MetaQuotes would still be responsible for modifying the MT4/5 Server software to allow plug-ins to make such a declaration, and they would also have to be responsible for modifying the MT4/5 client terminal so that it sent trailing-stop instructions to the server rather than running them locally if such a plug-in were installed on the server.

JC:

Of course, but the broker can choose its software and they can also choose to pay Metaquotes to add features to their server...

Alain Verleyen:
Of course, but the broker can choose its software and they can also choose to pay Metaquotes to add features to their server...

The bottom line is that that server bases time and price stops' are a missing feature, desired by many.

Metaquotes facilitates the close of Pending Orders on time, so why not Open Orders (time and price) !!  ie as a standard feature

rod178:

The bottom line is that that server bases time and price stops' are a missing feature, desired by many.

Metaquotes facilitates the close of Pending Orders on time, so why not Open Orders (time and price) !!  ie as a standard feature

I agree.

If Metaquotes don't want to add this features then brokers don't want to add unsupported features of Metaquotes. 

Reason: