What do you think the reason of your losses in forex ?

• 12% (31)
  • 7% (17)
  • 8% (21)
  • 10% (26)
  • 10% (26)
  • 9% (22)
  • 8% (20)
  • 6% (16)
  • 10% (26)
  • 8% (20)
  • 4% (10)
  • 4% (11)
  • 3% (8)
Total voters: 77

Risking higher will get you ruin at some point.

MetaSky:

Risking higher will get you ruin at some point.

Any one habit of the above will lead to the losses in forex. It is preferable to use EA so you did not every time seat in front of computer to take decisition which are emotional in nature.

kchandek:
Any one habit of the above will lead to the losses in forex. It is preferable to use EA so you did not every time seat in front of computer to take decisition which are emotional in nature.
Yep, Set and Forget System is what you are talking about. They say losing 8 trades in a row has 1 in billion chance (probability) but nevertheless trades lose consecutively.

I always lose money when i am pushing things for more (Greed) or when i trade with untested (From my EA 's) strategies

maleas_k:
I always lose money when i am pushing things for more (Greed) or when i trade with untested (From my EA 's) strategies
Personally, I don't think greed alone will cause you to lose money. In order to make money, we must have courage and be ready to accept losses as forex traders. For me, the most important thing is "LOT SIZE". Consider an account with $1000 balance and a trade in negative 5000 pips with 0.01 lot size. We will still be $500 positive. Better than to lose and wipe the whole account.
Mobile Trading Platform MetaTrader 5
  • www.metatrader5.com
Mobile trading is an exciting possibility to analyze price dynamics and execute trade operations in financial markets from anywhere in the world. And now its available with MetaTrader 5 Mobile Trading Software.

I totally agree with y'all...but to sum it all; terrible money management and emotional interference in our decision making.

life itself is a risk so taking a high lot size to me is not the problem but trading the rite trade is the issue however small lot or not when loosing you become unhappy and make more rong decision. so is important to listen to this:      

A tade is a market signal showing precise and accurate market points for reversal and expected ends.

A trader is someone who sees a trade and uses his trading tools in taking the trade to his advantage wehter in loss or in gain.
A trader never losses account because he has calculated his expectation before they comes. if you losses account it mite be due to the following
 i. you dont know what you are doing in the market. you trade by chances and lucks
 ii. you are a gambler who goes against known facts. this kind of people are even against their life.
 iii. you are rahter a hopper than acheiever
 iv. you are better impatient than discipline. for you, life is a long journey that you cant take. take  the short journey trough the grave. dead men sleep forever livivng men sleeps and wakes. choose your ends dude.
 v. anger and revenge due to stupididty of ones own action.

if you fail you fail but if you succeed we succeed think about it everyday.

Not being privy to important information ie hearing first about GDP or base rates announcements or bond and gilts rates. These announcements are where the big moves evolve from. You won't get murdered without this information, but you will travel quicker with it. Suicide is simply too big lot size. I do know a person who has been in this business for almost 20 years. He works for a financial institution. He places much emphasis on the news and having that feed. He says, if he ever went independent, he would have to invest and get the full news feed at home. Not a small investment. 

odinjoel:

life itself is a risk so taking a high lot size to me is not the problem but trading the rite trade is the issue however small lot or not when loosing you become unhappy and make more rong decision. so is important to listen to this:      

A tade is a market signal showing precise and accurate market points for reversal and expected ends.

A trader is someone who sees a trade and uses his trading tools in taking the trade to his advantage wehter in loss or in gain.
A trader never losses account because he has calculated his expectation before they comes. if you losses account it mite be due to the following
 i. you dont know what you are doing in the market. you trade by chances and lucks
 ii. you are a gambler who goes against known facts. this kind of people are even against their life.
 iii. you are rahter a hopper than acheiever
 iv. you are better impatient than discipline. for you, life is a long journey that you cant take. take  the short journey trough the grave. dead men sleep forever livivng men sleeps and wakes. choose your ends dude.
 v. anger and revenge due to stupididty of ones own action.

if you fail you fail but if you succeed we succeed think about it everyday.

Yes, quite. Very philosophical. I give you my avatar as a response.

I lose but manage my risk, before that it was as simple as not paying attention to fundamentals along with tech. analysis..oops an not managing my risk..
Reason: