MT4 causes computer crash

Hi, Does anyone has a problem with MT4 that causes a computer crash?

About 4 hours ago, while I open an trading order by using MT4,  MT4 closed down suddenly and caused my computer crash. When I reboot my computer, the computer looks everything ok, all other software works fine, but as long as I start MT4, MT4 my computer goes crash instantly.

I have discovered that my original MetaView.dll under windows\system32 was created on 2015-03-31, 11:32:17 and the size is 3,662,320 bytes This file has been changed to 2015-03-29. I re-download MT4 from MT4 web site and reinstalled. However, as soon as I click MT4 icon, my computer crash instantly without proper shutting down.

I have replaced MetaView.dll with date 2015-04-01 00:18:24, size 3,635,256 bytes. No luck. I have clicked another MT4 icon, which was installed at another folder, same, it instantly causes computer crash.

Now I can not trade and can not use MT4.

Any one has any cue what's wrong with MT4?

dolemi:
Hi, Does anyone has a problem with MT4 that causes a computer crash?

About 4 hours ago, while I open an trading order by using MT4,  MT4 closed down suddenly and caused my computer crash. When I reboot my computer, the computer looks everything ok, all other software works fine, but as long as I start MT4, MT4 my computer goes crash instantly.

I have discovered that my original MetaView.dll under windows\system32 was created on 2015-03-31, 11:32:17 and the size is 3,662,320 bytes This file has been changed to 2015-03-29. I re-download MT4 from MT4 web site and reinstalled. However, as soon as I click MT4 icon, my computer crash instantly without proper shutting down.

I have replaced MetaView.dll with date 2015-04-01 00:18:24, size 3,635,256 bytes. No luck. I have clicked another MT4 icon, which was installed at another folder, same, it instantly causes computer crash.

Now I can not trade and can not use MT4.

Any one has any cue what's wrong with MT4?

Same problem here, from few days when I am trying to open mt4 my computer restarted, I have formatted my computer & install the latest version of mt4 again but the problem remain same, I can not understand after formatting computer how the problem remain same, when ever I am trying to opening mt4 by clicking the icon after few seconds computer restarted, but other programs is opening as usual, only problem in mt4, after that I have bought a laptop, because I understand in my desktop computer trading is not possible, because mt4 will not run permanently in my pc. In my new laptop I have installed mt4 & running smoothly.

babon86:

Same problem here, from few days when I am trying to open mt4 my computerrestarted, I have formatted my computer & install the latest versionof mt4 again but the problem remain same, I can not understand afterformatting computer how the problem remain same, when ever I am tryingto opening mt4 by clicking the icon after few seconds computerrestarted, but other programs is opening as usual, only problem in mt4, after that I have bought a laptop, because I understand in my desktop computer trading is not possible, because mt4 will not run permanently in my pc. In my new laptop I have installed mt4 & running smoothly.

After format a computer there will be only three possibilities:

The attacker remembers computer ID,  or harddisk ID, or local network IP. 

I will going to change local IP address first, then a new harddisk to see if it is the last possibility, computer ID.

dolemi:

After format a computer there will be only three possibilities:

The attacker remembers computer ID,  or harddisk ID, or local network IP. 

I will going to change local IP address first, then a new harddisk to see if it is the last possibility, computer ID.

I think it is the problem with windows xp, in windows 7 I think mt4 will run as usual, if you are using windows xp(I am also using windows xp in my desktop), then mt4 will not run, my suggestion is format your computer & install windows 7. In my new laptop windows 7 is running & mt4 also running. Someone has reported in this forum that he is using windows xp & his computer restarted when he is trying to opening mt4. https://forum.mql4.com/67873.

babon86:
I think it is the problem with windows xp, in windows 7 I think mt4 will run as usual, if you are using windows xp(I am also using windows xp in my desktop), then mt4 will not run, my suggestion is format your computer & install windows 7. In my new laptop windows 7 is running & mt4 also running. Someone has reported in this forum that he is using windows xp & his computer restarted when he is trying to opening mt4. https://forum.mql4.com/67873.

I fund a solution, it seems work:

If you have older version MT4 (before 10 May 2015) installed somewhere, copy the old version  MetaViewer.Dll over to Windows\system32, and copy over metaeditor.exe and terminal.exec to your MT4 folder. right click those files one by one, select properties, click read-only.

re-start MT4, it stops crashing.

dolemi please upload the necessary files somewhere for others who don't have an older version installed

dolemi:

I fund a solution, it seems work:

If you have older version MT4 (before 10 May 2015) installed somewhere, copy the old version  MetaViewer.Dll over to Windows\system32, and copy over metaeditor.exe and terminal.exec to your MT4 folder. right click those files one by one, select properties, click read-only.

re-start MT4, it stops crashing.

Dolemi upload old version mt4 and MetaViewer.Dll please

releon:
Dolemi upload old version mt4 and MetaViewer.Dll please

dolemi:

Hi,

I try to upload them, but it sees not successful. Could someone tell how to upload file?

I use upload attach file, none of them appear on the site. Has it size limitation 4M?

MetaViewer.Dll size 3.55M

metaeditor.exe  size 4.27M

terminal.exe size 10.84M

I have also discovered that

old version of metaeditor.exe, terminal.exe will be deleted and reload from intenet when you start them. The new size are metaeditor.exe 7M, terminal.exe 12.47M. I am not sure if some virus injects some code or reload from MT4 site. Occasionally it still crashs. But it is better then crash all the time. I will keep eyes open on it.

dolemi: I use upload attach file, none of them appear on the site. Has it size limitation 4M?
Are you blind? Size and type. 

WHRoeder:
dolemi: I use upload attach file, none of them appear on the site. Has it size limitation 4M?
Are you blind? Size and type. 
I have tried five times and it takes few minutes to connecting and then no file comes out on the side. WHRoeder, can you try to load your MetaViewer.dll?
Reason: