MetaTrader 4 Platform Update Build 710: Exposure, New Showcase of Signals and Manual Operations during Copy Trading New - page 4

Jimdandy:

I was gone on vacation last week and came home to find that when I restarted my platforms I was updated from 670 to 711... Here is what I noticed immediately.
I recently made a tutorial video showing how to put a button on a chart. A button that changes color when you have either accidentally or intentionally turned off AutoTrading.
I actually use this indicator because the text of the button does not change when you have it turned off but continues to simply say "AutoTrading" whether it is actually taking trades or not and... I am too old and blind to see that tiny dot go from green to red in the AutoTrading button. My brother who is Red/Green color blind is in even worse shape than I am. The smiley face could be sticking his tongue out at me and I would not see it at these resolutions..

What I have noticed is that the Button object seems to have anchoring problems. Previously when you created a button using the ObjectCreate function you gave it the x and y distances and the corner of the chart that it should be spaced that many pixels away from.
If you put your button 15 pixels from the edge and top of your chart and it was in the top left corner of the chart the program 'knew' to make the top left corner of the button the anchor point of the button... if you switched to the top right corner the program knew that now the top right corner of the button was the anchor point and so on... this only applies to buttons. Not labels, text boxes, arrows or other things for which you use the ENUM_ANCHOR_POINT
You will notice that Button is absent from that list.. I tried to force it to use the right upper corner of the button when putting into the upper right corner of the chart by using.

But this has no effect on a button object... 
The anchor point on a button now seems to be locked to the upper left corner of a button whereas last week it was not.... therefore if you move a button to the upper left it is fine.

In the upper right corner it is still using the upper left corner of the button as the anchor point. Even if you tell it to use the upper right corner.

If you select the bottom left you get this...

and.. the bottom right ....

So before I go ahead and change the code to make it check which corner the user has chosen and then add the width and/or height of the buttons to the x distance and/or y distance on all of my indicators, is it possible that by next week metaquotes will have a new release that fixes this problem?

From what I can read in the documentation OBJPROP_ANCHOR doesn't apply to OBJ_BUTTON. If it was working previously, it was certainly a bug

Graphical objects Text and Label (OBJ_TEXT, OBJ_BITMAP_LABEL and OBJ_LABEL) can have one of 9 different ways of coordinate binding. The necessary variant can be specified using the function ObjectSetInteger(chart_handle, object_name, OBJPROP_ANCHOR, anchor_point_mode),  where anchor_point_mode is one of the values of ENUM_ANCHOR_POINT.

angevoyageur:

From what I can read in the documentation OBJPROP_ANCHOR doesn't apply to OBJ_BUTTON. If it was working previously, it was certainly a bug

I agree, and I am hesitant to change the code in my file that I have available for download to make it work with the bug only to have Metaquotes correct the problem tomorrow...

I will give it some time.. I did present the issue  along with the button example  file to the "Service" Desk... We will see if the problem get's resolved in a few days. PipPip....Jimdandy

P..S. To clarify.. my original code does NOT contain the OBJPROP_ANCHOR setting in it.. because as I mentioned... for a button you use OBJPROP_CORNER  and that's all that was needed.

That is the way you anchored a button to the chart and ONLY a button as I said...

"this only applies to buttons. Not labels, text boxes, arrows or other things for which you use the ENUM_ANCHOR_POINT"

You actually use ENUM_ANCHOR_ARROW for an arrow. 

For objects OTHER than a button you had to supply the corner of the CHART and the corner of the LABEL that you wanted to use as anchor points.

But not so for buttons. They would SELF adjust... to wit:

If "it was in the top left corner of the chart the program 'knew' to make the top left corner of the button the anchor point of the button...

if you switched to the top right corner the program knew that now the top right corner of the button was the anchor point and so on".

This is the functionality that seems to have quit working in the newest version of Metatrader. Now it is always using the top left corner of the button as the anchor point.

I merely TRIED to use the OBJPROP_ANCHOR in an effort to see if the button had been suddenly made to work like the other labels that require it. I found out that the buttons still do NOT use OBJPROP_ANCHOR 

and therefore there is no way at this time to have any anchor point of a button except the top left corner. So as the button changes from corner to corner on the chart ..

the x distance and y distance for each corner is going to have to be computed for each position in order for the button to display properly.

radu:

Every MT4 build has a lot of bugs. :) However, the success of your expert advisor will not depend on these bugs; mostly it will depend on the strategy, your trading skills and your attitude. Of course, the reliability of the environment and the EA are important, but for the average strategies the core functions of the terminal didn't caused any serious harm in the past years. 

There were flaws of course in the past months with MT4, but most of them were only major-minor nuisances related to some functions outside the most important ones (opening, closing, modifying positions, handling charts, etc.). 

radu,

Thank you for your input. I'll certainly take your advice into consideration. By the way, radu, the EA I plan to have made is a "set & forget" EA. There is not a lot of trading skills involved in this EA. The plan I put together for it does the work for me - I don't intervene in it (other than change the SL & TP at the start of each week for each currency... if need be). I know many people will have the opinion that a "set & forget" EA is a waste of time, but that is a topic for another day. I only ask for people here to give an opinion about my current situation as I have described it.

I definitely would also like to hear other people's opinions of whether now is an okay time to have my EA created (I plan to hire someone to make it) or if I should just wait until the current bugs and issues are solved in the new MT4 build 711 (everyone please read my previous post on page 3 of this thread for specific details about my situation).

Hello Dears,

About MQL, MetaQuotes added all needed information for order/position and also give a good useful information for symbols, but unfortunately not all information needed are displayed even in MQL or over terminal ==> symbols ==> Properties

Why we don't see in the terminal the information available in MQL, like Max lot, Mini Lot, Lot step, .. etc.

and the most one that is not existed neither in terminal nor MQL is the symbol property of commission.

yes, commission, the major of brokers now are ECN broker, so, we need to see some information about commission and it's calculation mode ?

where it's fixed per lot or variable as the quotes currency, and wither it's round-turn figure or half-turn ?

i hope to see them in the near next MT update.

Thank you . .,

pipfreak:

radu,

Thank you for your input. I'll certainly take your advice into consideration. By the way, radu, the EA I plan to have made is a "set & forget" EA. There is not a lot of trading skills involved in this EA. The plan I put together for it does the work for me - I don't intervene in it (other than change the SL & TP at the start of each week for each currency... if need be). I know many people will have the opinion that a "set & forget" EA is a waste of time, but that is a topic for another day. I only ask for people here to give an opinion about my current situation as I have described it.

I definitely would also like to hear other people's opinions of whether now is an okay time to have my EA created (I plan to hire someone to make it) or if I should just wait until the current bugs and issues are solved in the new MT4 build 711 (everyone please read my previous post on page 3 of this thread for specific details about my situation).

I suggest that Metatrader will not be static, that you can expect updates to appear and the program will be changing with Windows and the internet as technology shifts.

I also suggest that you find a coder that is in tune with MT4 developments and be prepared to pay for regular updates to your robot. You can not expect that your robot will survive long with the fast pace of changes in these times.

Alright, there is something totally fishy going on. Since this new update (and maybe earlier builds I just didn't try to use) the SymbolSet files (like Forex.set and Forexall.set) do not work.  When I go through the menu and select 'Sets'> and then the set that I want, nothing happens, the symbols don't appear. However it DOES allow you to 'Save As...', but when you try to use the file to bring up the symbols, nothing happens.

What has happened?

I relied heavily on those set files for storing symbols. 

Hello. Dears,

MQL have 2 well known function, those related to event "OnDropped", ex. 

datetime WindowTimeOnDropped()

double WindowPriceOnDropped()

but unforchantly, from old time these function are only work with expert or scrip !

i want to say that this option is very useful, so why you didn't expand it to indicators also, 

it has a lot of uses with indicator also, i may want he indicator to start his calculation for only the bar it dropped on to now, or the indicator start calculation form the top/low witch it dropped on , and so on example.

Indicators, Experts, Scripts; all are to automation, so why must the user put this values manually ! westing time and not accurate ?

I am sure that MetaQuates will expand it's use in next update, this is my hope.

Thank you . .

Hello everyone,

there is an error in the last update build 711, it may be in compiling MQL or terminal .

double x = (90/180);
// or evern in this format
double x = 90/180;
float x = 90/180;
float x;
x = 90/180;

Print("X value= ", DoubleToStr( x ,5) );

RESULT IS ALWAYS 0.00000 !!

All i indicators get bad values !!!!

<I have Windows 7 64 bit>

Quickly Help please . .

IAEBusiness:

Hello everyone,

there is an error in the last update build 711, it may be in compiling MQL or terminal .

Quickly Help please . .

also, after i had update now to Build 719, the same issue .. !

IAEBusiness:

Hello everyone,

Quickly Help please . .

Nothing to do with last update.

90 and 180 are integers, when you divide integers there is no decimal part.

Try 

double x = 90./180;
Reason: