My MT4 is not using the DPI settings of windows showing tiny fonts

Hello my problem is I have a big monitor when I use MT5 it works fine in high DPI Settings in windows like I am using 150% dpi increase but all of my MT4 are using small fonts and objects it makes me painful to read text plz tell me how can I fix it :(

fxninjai:
Hello my problem is I have a big monitor when I use MT5 it works fine in high DPI Settings in windows like I am using 150% dpi increase but all of my MT4 are using small fonts and objects it makes me painful to read text plz tell me how can I fix it :(

What I find with MT4 is that when you set an objects property, it automatically becomes the default for that type of object.

Say, for example that you add a text label to the chart and the text is too small. Double click on it and open properties, change the font size to something that you can easily read.

Next time that you add a text label, the font size will be the same as you previously changed to.

It is the same with trendline widths etc

GumRai:

What I find with MT4 is that when you set an objects property, it automatically becomes the default for that type of object.

Say, for example that you add a text label to the chart and the text is too small. Double click on it and open properties, change the font size to something that you can easily read.

Next time that you add a text label, the font size will be the same as you previously changed to.

It is the same with trendline widths etc

I think you misunderstood the OP, he is talking about MT4 user interface : My MT4 is not using the DPI settings of windows showing tiny fonts

yes the problem is with the Application interface not aware of DPI settings under windows display settings whereas MT-5 is fully functional and working fine like MT4 dpi is 100% windows dpi is 150% it makes everything small enough to see it is killing my eyes I want it to use 150% dpi so it can show larger

angevoyageur:
I think you misunderstood the OP,

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/150349/page2#926073

so can i continiue writing "ur" "u" Etc ? LOL

qjol:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/150349/page2#926073

so can i continiue writing "ur" "u" Etc ? LOL

OP = Opening post. I think you know very well what it means. Acronyms are allowed

what about "Original Poster"

qjol:
what about "Original Poster"
Ok, I take it.

guys nobody address my problem even other pplz also talking about this Metaquotes are not going to resolve it :(

fxninjai:

guys nobody address my problem even other pplz also talking about this Metaquotes are not going to resolve it :(

Show us the differences. MT4 vs MT5.

MT4 uses the Windows default of 96DPI settings, and hopefully it stays that way.

Most users (close to 100% of Windows users) do not change their DPI. If you have a big monitor then less reason to change it, no?

Changing to allow a different DPI will likely open a huge can of worms, especially with object positioning set by EAs, Indicators, and so on.

I sure hope this doesn't change. I have not one, but two big monitors and 96DPI works great!

Reason: