Using old and non-updating MT4 terminals for backtesting

Hello

I have questions about using previous MT4 versions for backtesting. I found on internet old MT4 terminals, and I succeeded in creating a suggested patch allowing the old build 950 not to automatically update. It should be compatible with my also-old Tickstory software version, and I also succeeded in exporting data to the terminal, and to launch it with Tickstory. So everything looks fine but...I am unable to have any chart/symbol at all on the terminal. And in the strategy tester I have zero choice in the pair to test, despite the .fxt files are in the correct folder for the EURUSD pair and that were correctly exported. I can see the products I purchased in the past in the Market section but I can't download any of them again...

Well, will it be possible to use this previous MT4 terminal for testing at all ? And is it totally impossible to use previous versions to look at current charts ?

Thank you for your help,

Richard

Richard Jehl: I have questions about using previous MT4 versions for backtesting. I found on internet old MT4 terminals, and I succeeded in creating a suggested patch allowing the old build 950 not to automatically update. It should be compatible with my also-old Tickstory software version, and I also succeeded in exporting data to the terminal, and to launch it with Tickstory. So everything looks fine but...I am unable to have any chart/symbol at all on the terminal. And in the strategy tester I have zero choice in the pair to test, despite the .fxt files are in the correct folder for the EURUSD pair and that were correctly exported. I can see the products I purchased in the past in the Market section but I can't download any of them again...

Well, will it be possible to use this previous MT4 terminal for testing at all ? And is it totally impossible to use previous versions to look at current charts ?

Very old versions/builds of MT4 are no longer supported neither by MetaQuotes nor by the Brokers.

There is no need or advantage to using old versions/builds for back-testing. Use the current builds for that!

Also, the very old (free) version of TickStory has many bugs, so upgrade to a the latest paid version which has a very reasonable price.