Critical! FileReadString Error in Build 613 - page 2

Hi all,

I submitted this bug to MT4 team via service desk.

And they had fixed it.

Thank you all.

In build 613 FileReadString also fails for a file opened in FILE_READ|FILE_TXT mode i.e. where no delimiter is involved.

As an example of this failure see the example script included in the MQL4 References (via Help) for FileIsEnding() to dump a file. It gives just one blank line.

Build 613 is a disaster for any EA, Indicator, or Script which reads text files. All my EAs and Indicators now will not run.

The post from asmywish on 2014.02.28 13:51 says the problem has been fixed, yet 2 days later build 614 has still not appeared at MetaQuotes MT4 Test. Why not?

Or how can we go back to a build in which FileReadString worked?

Workaround:

I have been able to get running with Build 613 by rewriting my text/csv file reading routines to avoid any use of FileReadString() with files opened in text or csv mode.

Instead I now read the whole file into a string in one read with the file open in binary mode, then split the string into lines using StringSplit(). This works in build 613. It is probably faster anyway!

autoabacus:

Workaround:

I have been able to get running with Build 613 by rewriting my text/csv file reading routines to avoid any use of FileReadString() with files opened in text or csv mode.

Instead I now read the whole file into a string in one read with the file open in binary mode, then split the string into lines using StringSplit(). This works in build 613. It is probably faster anyway!

Great job!

Thanks autoabacus.

In build 614, it has been fixed.

asmywish:

Not only Alpari UK, but also FXOpen, Armada, FXCM, ThinkForex, etc...

After some investigations, your terminal are not updated from these brokers, but as you are probably using an account to Metaquotes-Demo or test server, so all your terminals are updated.

angevoyageur:

After some investigations, your terminal are not updated from these brokers, but as you are probably using an account to Metaquotes-Demo or test server, so all your terminals are updated.

Last time, I upgraded MT4 terminal via those broker's DEMO server, not MetaQuotes test server.
I double checked, it was TRUTH that I upgraded MT4 terminal to Build 614 via those broker DEMO server today.

Of course, you will say DEMO account is unofficial release, but I follow this procedure before for a long time...

Another potential reason is MT4 terminal sets same upgrade server address?

If so, it's another big issue also.

asmywish:

Last time, I upgraded MT4 terminal via those broker's DEMO server, not MetaQuotes test server.
I double checked, it was TRUTH that I upgraded MT4 terminal to Build 614 via those broker DEMO server today.

Of course, you will say DEMO account is unofficial release, but I follow this procedure before for a long time...

I didn't say you are lying or are saying the truth.

I inform you and others users that build 613/614 are NOT available from others servers than Metaquotes servers. If you have an active account to one of theses servers on one terminal, your other terminals in the same computer will be upgraded as well, even if they are not connected to Metaquotes server. The update to 613/614 don't come from your broker.

angevoyageur:

I didn't say you are lying or are saying the truth.

I inform you and others users that build 613/614 are NOT available from others servers than Metaquotes servers. If you have an active account to one of theses servers on one terminal, your other terminals in the same computer will be upgraded as well, even if they are not connected to Metaquotes server. The update to 613/614 don't come from your broker.

So, on my PC, it will always upgrade MT4 terminal from MetaQuotes test server for all broker's terminal?

OMG.....

Reason: