MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal build 610 - page 19

sorry for my comment.

i think that metaquotes must pay some people who willing to be a beta tester..

not forcing all traders to try their NOT YET STABIL version.

because traders are risking real money here.

you can see what i mean.. there are so many updates just in 1 month .

not all traders understand coding.

we don't have to be a farmer, a cook and a baker if we want to eat a cheese burger

i am not a programmer and for a week half of my customer indicator and EA don't work because this new build. just want to know how i can back to previous versions so can trade until i can learn this new build .

i couldn't find the previous versions anywhere, is it mandatory to use this new build before we know about it's structure ?

Farzad_wsr:

i am not a programmer and for a week half of my customer indicator and EA don't work because this new build. just want to know how i can back to previous versions so can trade until i can learn this new build .

i couldn't find the previous versions anywhere, is it mandatory to use this new build before we know about it's structure ?

You have to ask to your broker about which build they support.

The old .ex4 compiled with build 509 is backward compatible, did you recompile your indicator/EA with the new build ?

angevoyageur:

You have to ask to your broker about which build they support.

The old .ex4 compiled with build 509 is backward compatible, did you recompile your indicator/EA with the new build ?

i asked them, they support 509 and gave me an installed version of it, so i can do my work temporarily .

i saw in the thread someone asked about RenkoLiveChart EA and you provided him with some version, that version works with 610 too ?

( one of my EA that doesn't work anymore is Renkolivechart)

Farzad_wsr:

i asked them, they support 509 and gave me an installed version of it, so i can do my work temporarily .

i saw in the thread someone asked about RenkoLiveChart EA and you provided him with some version, that version works with 610 too ?

( one of my EA that doesn't work anymore is Renkolivechart)

Sorry but I don't remember, which thread is it ?

I am a bit confused with the new MQL4 language. Since some feature of MQL5 language were introduced I am having doubts on which syntax should I use for the OrderSend() function. The MQL4 syntax:

int OrderSend(
string symbol, // symbol
int cmd, // operation
double volume, // volume
double price, // price
int slippage, // slippage
double stoploss, // stop loss
double takeprofit, // take profit
string comment=NULL, // comment
int magic=0, // magic number
datetime expiration=0, // pending order expiration
color arrow_color=clrNONE // color

);

Or the MQL5 syntax:

bool OrderSend(
MqlTradeRequest& request, // query structure
MqlTradeResult& result // structure of the answer

);

Does the MQL4 documentation reflects the new changes to the language?

Thanks

xxx77: I am a bit confused with the new MQL4 language. Since some feature of MQL5 language were introduced I am having doubts on which syntax should I use for the OrderSend() function. The MQL4 syntax:
Use the one you know. If you want to use the mql5 version then look at examples from codebase and articles on mql5.

Open EA Input-Settings and press OK, with or without changes, and the OnInit() executes TWICE. Really messes with the idea of trying to politely handle errors. Anyone else noticed this and reported it?

At first I thought it might be my complex coding, so I grabbed sample code from the Code Base. Can recreate problem with minimal code -- example attached.

[ ... and I totally support the concept that us anonymous beta-testers should be paid for all our hard work <g> ]

Experts Log...

16:59:54 Expert example AUDNZD,M1: loaded successfully
16:59:57 example AUDNZD,M1 inputs: Lots=0.1; YourTrendPrediction=0; YourTrendTimeframe=0; TheTrendBeginsOn=1393432830; TheTrendFinishesOn=1393432830; EAsAggressiveness=0;
16:59:57 example AUDNZD,M1: initialized
17:00:16 example AUDNZD,M1: uninit reason 5
17:00:16 example AUDNZD,M1: initialized
17:00:16 example AUDNZD,M1 inputs: Lots=0.1; YourTrendPrediction=0; YourTrendTimeframe=0; TheTrendBeginsOn=1393432830; TheTrendFinishesOn=1393432830; EAsAggressiveness=0;
17:00:16 example AUDNZD,M1: uninit reason 5
17:00:16 example AUDNZD,M1: initialized

Files:
example.mq4  6 kb

xxx77:

I am a bit confused with the new MQL4 language. Since some feature of MQL5 language were introduced I am having doubts on which syntax should I use for the OrderSend() function. The MQL4 syntax:

Does the MQL4 documentation reflects the new changes to the language?

Thanks

There is only 1 syntax for mql4, please check the documentation.

There is one thing that you Guys may be able to help me with, or at least understand and that is why my email alerts have ceased to function. I have been running two versions of MT4 with 2 different Brokers for the last few years and have had email alerts functioning successfully for that time. Since the udate to Build 600 on Friday (21st Feb 2014), all emails have stopped from both platforms.

The Journal today reports the following:

2014.02.26 16:44:54.699 Mail: login to smtp.mail.yahoo.com failed
2014.02.26 16:44:54.699 Mail: 535 5.7.0 (#MBR100) Please verify your account by going to https://login.yahoo.com

This is extremely frustrating as I have already verified my account and cannot see a way of doing so again and as nothing has changed, other than the Build, I have to point the finger at MT4.

I have looked at installing 3rd party software to manage the process, but why would I want to do that when MT4 is supposed to manage the process and has been doing so until last Friday?

Any help/advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Reason: