MT4 platform taking long time to load.

It doesn't matter which build I use, past and present, my MT4 platform takes ages to load up. Sometimes it also says 'Not Responding'. It's pretty fast once it's open, but the initial processing to load the actual platform up is very very slow.

I have tried deleting default chart files from profiles, but it's a new MT4 platform anyway so hasn't got much history data. Also re installing it won't help either, as I have tried this and had this problem for around 3 months with any platform build I have downloaded.

Has anybody got any quick fix solutions for this to get my MT4 to open properly and run faster?

P.S: As soon as I click on the 'Market tab' it won't load properly. Then 'Not Responding'.

Viaticus:
It doesn't matter which build I use, past and present, my MT4 platform takes ages to load up. Sometimes it also says 'Not Responding'. It's pretty fast once it's open, but the initial processing to load the actual platform up is very very slow.

I have tried deleting default chart files from profiles, but it's a new MT4 platform anyway so hasn't got much history data. Also re installing it won't help either, as I have tried this and had this problem for around 3 months with any platform build I have downloaded.

Has anybody got any quick fix solutions for this to get my MT4 to open properly and run faster?

P.S: As soon as I click on the 'Market tab' it won't load properly. Then 'Not Responding'.
  • You may try the following.
  • Decrease the number of bars on chart. Tools>Option>Charts(tab)
  • Try decreasing the number of Charts || EA || Indicators ... etc.

Reduce max bars on chart to something reasonable (like 80,000)

ubzen:
  • You may try the following.
  • Decrease the number of bars on chart. Tools>Option>Charts(tab)
  • Try decreasing the number of Charts || EA || Indicators ... etc.

Thanks for reply. I tired changing bars from 6500 to 1000. And clearing history (Which I didn't need to anyway as I only recently installed new platform).

It is still taking 3 minutes to load up my MT4 platform. Then when I click on the markets tab, it loads for about 30 seconds, then says 'Not Responding', then continues to 'load' but seems to have crashed and I have to close the platform.

I really hope I can find a solution to this because I need the markets tab :(

WHRoeder:
Reduce max bars on chart to something reasonable (like 80,000)

I will try that now too. It's still taking around 3 minutes to load the platform up and my markets tab is crashing the platform when I click on it.

Viaticus:

Thanks for reply. I tired changing bars from 6500 to 1000. And clearing history (Which I didn't need to anyway as I only recently installed new platform).

It is still taking 3 minutes to load up my MT4 platform. Then when I click on the markets tab, it loads for about 30 seconds, then says 'Not Responding', then continues to 'load' but seems to have crashed and I have to close the platform.

I really hope I can find a solution to this because I need the markets tab :(
Try contacting the service-desk. Here. It'll be helpful to provide additional information like the crash-logs if there's any.

ubzen:
Try contacting the service-desk. Here. It'll be helpful to provide additional information like the crash-logs if there's any.

Within MT4 platform select Tools/Options/Charts

Then uncheck "save deleted charts to reopen"

and more importantly change...

Max bars in History to 5000 (from 512,000)

Max bars in Chart to 5000 (from 65,000)

Ubzen:

hey I am having the same problem and have tried everything but still takes too long to load, please help me should you find any solution.

Bukeh Mathe:

hey I am having the same problem and have tried everything but still takes too long to load, please help me should you find any solution.

Most probably a badly-coded indicator or EA.

Try the following:

• Close all your charts except one.
  • Remove the EA on the remaining chart, if applied.
  • Removed any indicators on the remaining chart, if applied.
  • Restart your terminal.
  • If it starts up normally, add 1 of your indicators back to the chart and restart.
  • Keep repeating this until you find out which indicator or EA is causing the problems.

CJ:

When launching MT4 do you have a chart being loaded by default with an EA and/or Indicators loaded on it?

Perhaps configure your chart exactly as you would like it, then save that as a template.

Then when you close MT4 down, close the charts first so there are none open.

When you launch MT4, then simply open whatever currency chart you want opened, and then apply the template you saved above.

Your EA and/or indicators are probably trying to process your charts data at the same time the system is loaded.

Just a suggestion, but I previously had a similar issue, and this resolved the problem for me.

Good luck.

Reason: