Beta MetaTrader 4 Build 555 with Updated MQL4 Language and Market of Applications Released - page 2

pro_:
Being conservative is good in morals and maybe politics but not in business. Wait a little and you will see all the benefits of this move. There will be options and opportunities that were not there in mt4, making both programming and, more importantly, trading much more efficient. I am personally working on a product that would have been impossible before.

No doubt. The bad move is they mixed the old commands with the new ones. They created a dirty hybrid, which will always have issues. If their goal was a unified editor/compiler for both mt4 and mt5, they should have got rid of the "backward compatible" commands.

pro_: Being conservative is good in morals and maybe politics but not in business. Wait a little and you will see all the benefits of this move. There will be options and opportunities that were not there in mt4, making both programming and, more importantly, trading much more efficient. I am personally working on a product that would have been impossible before.

I agree. What I see is progress with these releases. The intend of this project is keeping mt4 legacy programs intact while adding Encryption, New_Markets, OOP, Debugger, Storage, etc. I believe most of the bugs will be fixed. By this time next year, mt4 will be awesome. Just need some patience thats all.

Mt5 is superior to Mt4 from a purely technical view-point. Mt4 could use better, graphical_options, buffers, virtual_environment, multi-currency back-testing, testing modes, cloud, exchanges, less memory leak, multi-threading, built-in news .... etc .... I'm sure theres lots more I'm forgetting.

The data_structure and position_managements of mt5 is where most of the fuss comes from. If mt4 could adopt everything else except those two, I would be a happy camper.

Anyways, everyone's entitled to their opinions. Imo, this is one of the best moves I've seen metaQuotes make in my short time here.

Ovo: No doubt. The bad move is they mixed the old commands with the new ones. They created a dirty hybrid, which will always have issues. If their goal was a unified editor/compiler for both mt4 and mt5, they should have got rid of the "backward compatible" commands.
I agree with this statement. This makes their job harder. They already had the template for the new language fully implemented within mql5. Why didn't they just toss that unto mt4 while keeping all the functionality of mt4 like order_centric, hedging etc.

Fix needed: In 556 all text labels in indicator sub-windows got invisible.

A question : how does talking about metatrader 5 help developers to identify and remove bugs from beta metatrader 4 (and this thread is dedicated to beta metatrader 4)? Wouldn't the whole thing be much faster and easier if actual problems with this beta were posted and then it would help developers solve all those things much faster?

mladen:
A question : how does talking about metatrader 5 help developers to identify and remove bugs from beta metatrader 4 (and this thread is dedicated to beta metatrader 4)? Wouldn't the whole thing be much faster and easier if actual problems with this beta were posted and then it would help developers solve all those things much faster?
Only if there is going to be some kind of Meta Quotes presence in this thread . . .

Ovo:
Fix needed: In 556 all text labels in indicator sub-windows got invisible.
You can write to Servicedesk about found errors and bugs.

Why did you remove execution time measurement? As far as I remember it was implemented in 530-540 versions, and since 555 it's gone.

Rosh:
You can write to Servicedesk about found errors and bugs.

Well, thanks. I expected this information should have been within the first lines of the starting post. But I am only a volunteer, not a tester, just sharing my experience in the forum. i won't write to the Service desk.

I have another glitch, which is not so hot.

Continuous mouse movement above a page in editor consumes high computing power. The longer the file, the more power is needed to move the mouse:)

I'm testing the new version of mt4, the 555.
Nor can I see that I do backtesting multicurrency, anyone know if this will be possible in the future on this platform or only possible in mt5?
Reason: