Something Wrong With My Chart

For my EURUSD charts, the price gapped to around 0.1120 yesterday. At the time, pressing refresh didn't help at all. I have a script that uses iClose(), iOpen(), etc. to write the chart info to file, and it also got absurd prices.

Today, after pressing refresh, the chart data became more plausible somehow.

I asked my broker and am waiting for a reply. But, I would also hear from you if you have any insight about what might have happened. Would these absurd prices have applied to any open trades if I had some? A gap like this could wipe an entire account.

?!

Was there a time gap too?

I get that sometimes. And refresh doesn't work.. or not immediately. But with enough refreshes and restarts, it seems to clear up.

If your case is the same, it wouldn't have affected price but it would have affected indicators using bar numbers.

alladir:

Was there a time gap too?

I get that sometimes. And refresh doesn't work.. or not immediately. But with enough refreshes and restarts, it seems to clear up.

If your case is the same, it wouldn't have affected price but it would have affected indicators using bar numbers.

No time gap. Just price gap, going back days -- which is immpossible, since I didn't ever see those prices. Maybe it is a server issue. My feed is now 5 digit quote for eurusd. It should be 4 like the other symbols.

BenLinus:

No time gap. Just price gap, going back days -- which is immpossible, since I didn't ever see those prices. Maybe it is a server issue. My feed is now 5 digit quote for eurusd. It should be 4 like the other symbols.

It's a broker issue. Try a reliable broker.

angevoyageur:
It's a broker issue. Try a reliable broker.

Are you sure? I would hate to go broker hunting again. Btw, I got this chart in a demo account and I don't have a live account with this broker.

BenLinus:

Are you sure? I would hate to go broker hunting again. Btw, I got this chart in a demo account and I don't have a live account with this broker.

It's the broker who provides data.

BenLinus:

I asked my broker and am waiting for a reply. But, I would also hear from you if you have any insight about what might have happened. Would these absurd prices have applied to any open trades if I had some? A gap like this could wipe an entire account.

The speed and quality of the reply from your Broker will give you an indication of their competence . . .

RaptorUK:
The speed and quality of the reply from your Broker will give you an indication of their competence . . .

No reply so far ...

I sent a message from my terminal, I'm supposed to get a reply, right.

At least, its good I'm only demoing them and can easily move on to greener pa$ture$.

BenLinus:

No reply so far ...

I sent a message from my terminal, I'm supposed to get a reply, right.

How did you do that ?

RaptorUK:
How did you do that ?

Go to the mailbox in the terminal. Right click. click on create and you can send messages to your broker. Also, you can reply to messages in the mailbox.

BenLinus:

Go to the mailbox in the terminal. Right click. click on create and you can send messages to your broker. Also, you can reply to messages in the mailbox.
OK, I can't Create an email, that option is greyed out for me, I guess my Broker doesn't support it. Learn something new every day.
Reason: