Problem importing data for backtesting - page 4

deVries:

If you test on M1 Timeframe 25% maximum...

Nice done

Correct, M1 test is 25% Modeling Quality Maximum. Thanks.

I downloaded some from dukascopy I thought I was going to import it into mt4 to use as chart history. that turned into a one big PIA, I never did get it to work.

SDC:
I downloaded some from dukascopy I thought I was going to import it into mt4 to use as chart history. that turned into a one big PIA, I never did get it to work.
If you downloaded tick data it's very simple to use it with MT4, you just need to convert it using CSV2FXT, that creates all the timeframe hst files and also a fxt file. If you want to use the fxt file you will need a 3rd part app to modify MT4 but you can use the hst files just by copying them to your history folder.

Thanks guys for your comments on this topic.

But...I have a question...If i want to make backtests on a specific broker's data checking only on open prices (not every ticks), what's the best procedure to download much data as possible for all timeframe on the broker's MT platform?

In this forum I have found different practices and I'm a bit confused about which is the "correct" procedure to use for having a reliable backtesting results.

Thanks a lot guys for your suggestions about my question.

MakMax:

Thanks guys for your comments on this topic.

But...I have a question...If i want to make backtests on a specific broker's data checking only on open prices (not every ticks), what's the best procedure to download much data as possible for all timeframe on the broker's MT platform?

Talk to your Broker,  ask them to send you their data . . .  they may not have much though.

I want to do the back test for my EA and follow the above mention instruction to do all the setting, every thing was Ok , but my EA doesn't work, an error message was:  unknown subwindow number -1 for ObjectCreate function

Can someone help me to solve the problem!

Thank you for your help! 

kwng111:

I want to do the back test for my EA and follow the above mention instruction to do all the setting, every thing was Ok , but my EA doesn't work, an error message was:  unknown subwindow number -1 for ObjectCreate function. 

Can someone help me to solve the problem!

Change your code so you use a valid subwindow number . . .

Is there may be a problem with  Period_Converter_ALL_Rev01.mq4, created by 1005phillip?

I have minute data in _SP5001.hst spanning 30 years.  When I ran the Period_Converter_ALL_Rev01 script, _SP50010080.hst (2KB) was smaller than _SP50043200.hst (5KB).

The terminal expert said: 

2013.02.09 22:54:34 Period_Converter_ALL_Rev01 _SP500,M1: 28 record(s) written

So I ran the original script shipped with MT4, Period_Converter.  This time terminal expert said:

2013.02.09 23:03:25 period_converter _SP500,M1: 902 record(s) written

...and now _SP50043200.hst is 16KB.

Has anyone else had this problem? 

jmb:

Is there may be a problem with  Period_Converter_ALL_Rev01.mq4, created by 1005phillip?

I have minute data in _SP5001.hst spanning 30 years.  When I ran the Period_Converter_ALL_Rev01 script, _SP50010080.hst (2KB) was smaller than _SP50043200.hst (5KB).

Period_Converter_ALL_Rev01.mq4 is broken on the weekly. It does not handle Holidays on Monday or Friday, nor ticks on Sunday.
      time0=Time[i];
//    if((TimeDayOfWeek(time0)==1 && TimeDayOfWeek(Time[i+1])==5) || i==0)
      if (TimeDayOfWeek(time0) < TimeDayOfWeek(Time[i+1])         || i==0)

hello ubzen..

where can i find the mt4 setup ( from not any broker uploaded )

the reason is i cant open a demo account like u are sayin @step. 2

and the other hand ,  my tester gives problem of mismatch error !

ty best regards
Reason: