Looking for a histogram based on an MA

Wondering if somebody has done this already (save some time)..

I have a SMA on my chart, I want a histogram in a separate window showing the distance between the price and the SMA.

Also I want the histogram bar to be RED if the last bar was taller, GREEN if shorter.

Thanks in advance.

Mo

Mo06: I want a histogram in a separate window ...
Since there are no slaves here, there are only two choices: learn to code or pay someone. We're not going to code it FOR you. We are willing to HELP you.

*edited

Mo06:

1: Open Metaeditor.

2:Open MQL Navigator/Indicators/Awesome.mq4.

3:Look for this line in the code: "#property indicator_color3 Red"

4:Paste this into the empty line under that one: "extern int maperiod = 34;" (without quotes)

5:Now look for this line: "ExtBuffer0[i]=iMA(NULL,0,5,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_MEDIAN,i)-iMA(NULL,0,34,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_MEDIAN,i);"

6:Replace the line with this: "ExtBuffer0[i]=Open[i]-iMA(NULL,0, maperiod,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_OPEN,i);" (also without quotes)

Compile and ready. Colours and moving average period can be changed externally.

Do you mean something like this?

WHRoeder: you can't imagine how much it is boring to read your "no slaves here" and "don't feed the troll" comments in almost every thread. Will you ever stop posting them?

LordoftheMoney you are still asking the OP to do the coding work!!!!

When you could have simply attached the resulting file of your instructions with your post or to a new post.

Just seems hypocritical - On the other hand see how you feel at the end of a year of helping as many questions as you can!

You can only give offence to people who take offence - What is their problem? It's only words not physical violence.

Ickyrus: First time i attached the code. Then i deleted it, that's why there is " *edited" in the first row.

Writing the code is the worst thing one can do in this case, because the questioner will learn nothing, and no one will get any payment for the work.

The main slogans here: "learn coding", "we won't code it for you", and "we will help you".

Well said, it was really hypocritical, because i wanted to show that one can help here without writing the code.

And well suggested, beginners should start learning to code, and i thought that a good way i can help to start is this.

I didn't want to give any offence, i wrote my opinion only. If those comments are official advertisements of the

jobs section and are welcomed by Metaquotes, i have to ask for pardon.

Sorry - did not know you had done that

True - With serious money related issues the requesters really should understand what they are getting (Having myself bought a lot of very bad or annoying commercial EA's)

Thanks!

Yes it is a good way to start - sense of achievement in following instructions and doing it for yourself builds confidence - but this has a lot of 'I wants it' for free where quick check would tell all they need to know about this forum.

The 'offence' idea from me is a philosophical point of view in case my semi-critical post seemed offensive to you! - If you are interested - Its roots come from REBT now CBT (cognitive behavioural therapy) where the thinking is that our beliefs are what initiate our emotions and to get our emotions to a more rational point of view the demand that the world MUST conform to our beliefs needs to be relaxed with the extra tag line BUT this belief does not always have to be true.

The jobs post is real – The MLQ5 forum sponsors it. There is a MLQ5 recent article about ‘Irina Korobeinikova (irishka.rf) is a fifteen-year-old programmer from Izhevsk. She is currently the only girl who actively participates in the "Jobs" service and is featured on the Top Developers list.” Etc in there.

LordoftheMoney:

*edited

Mo06:

1: Open Metaeditor.

2:Open MQL Navigator/Indicators/Awesome.mq4.

3:Look for this line in the code: "#property indicator_color3 Red"

4:Paste this into the empty line under that one: "extern int maperiod = 34;" (without quotes)

5:Now look for this line: "ExtBuffer0[i]=iMA(NULL,0,5,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_MEDIAN,i)-iMA(NULL,0,34,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_MEDIAN,i);"

6:Replace the line with this: "ExtBuffer0[i]=Open[i]-iMA(NULL,0, maperiod,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_OPEN,i);" (also without quotes)

Compile and ready. Colours and moving average period can be changed externally.

Do you mean something like this?

WHRoeder: you can't imagine how much it is boring to read your "no slaves here" and "don't feed the troll" comments in almost every thread. Will you ever stop posting them?

You know exactly what it means... if WHRoeder replies with that kind of comments....

I think if you wanna have help for coding something you make then you have to come yourself with a begin

Your way showing here is not making the person to get learning to code the right way...

It is like doing a test exam classical and write down the answer you speak from the person who is doing the same test

So it is not learning how to solve this problem....

Thanks Lordofthemoney, I was already familiar with the Awesome oscillator, so that's an easy place for me to start.

I'm rather perplexed by all the other stuff on this thread, are you lot always so bitchy .......?

I'm not exactly a 'newbie' as far as coding is concerned, been in the IT business longer than I care to think about, programmed in quite a few languages which no longer even exist (anyone else remember Dataflex runing on CDOS ...?)

Mo06:

I'm rather perplexed by all the other stuff on this thread, are you lot always so bitc,hy .......?

It is not bitchy, if we spend our time to someone who is to lazy to trie searching in how to do it and then trie to make it, then it is like we waste our time.

If you see how many don't come with some code how to make but only asking for what they want.... If we help them all then we waste a lot of time

It is for us saving time to help only those who trie to learn .....

You wanna save time ..... so do we....

deVries:

It is not bitchy, if we spend our time to someone who is to lazy to trie searching in how to do it and then trie to make it, then it is like we waste our time.

If you see how many don't come with some code how to make but only asking for what they want.... If we help them all then we waste a lot of time

It is for us saving time to help only those who trie to learn .....

You wanna save time ..... so do we....

I'd suggest some sort of spelling checker....

Mo06:

I'd suggest some sort of spelling checker....

for what reason you get my message and if it is a problem to understand then let me know what part and I will make it you clearly..... understand
Reason: