Consistently having troubles setting LINE_WIDTH and LINE_STYLE` in the SetIndexStyle function

I'm consistently having problems setting both the 'LINE_WIDTH and LINE_STYLE in the SetIndexStyle function.

I'm following the info and examples in the MetaEditor, but.... )< 8(

#property indicator_color1 Aqua

int init()

{

SetIndexStyle(0, DRAW_ARROW, STYLE_SOLID, 5, Aqua);

// Also tried: SetIndexStyle(0, DRAW_ARROW, EMPTY, 5, Aqua);

// As the color is set initially as a #property,

// I can and have tried truncating it leaving the color argument out.

// but this has no effect and doesn't make any difference to the line width problem.

SetIndexArrow(0, 233);

SetIndexBuffer(0, d_iBuf_0);

SetIndexEmptyValue(0, 0.0);

}

Thanks for any and all assistance.

FourX:

I'm consistently having problems setting both the 'LINE_WIDTH and LINE_STYLE in the SetIndexStyle function.

I'm following the info and examples in the MetaEditor, but.... )< 8(

Thanks for any and all assistance.

Third parameter (style) is only for "one-pixel thick lines" (click here) so it's useless for arrow.

What has an arrow to do with a line in this case ???

Your choice to choose DRAW_ARROW is wrong for lines

SetIndexStyle(0, DRAW_LINE, STYLE_SOLID, 1);

//or   

SetIndexStyle(0, DRAW_LINE, STYLE_SOLID, 5);

The color is already defined with a line like

#property indicator_color1 Aqua

But if it was you wanted arrow wider displayed then you can also do it for arrows like

SetIndexStyle(0, DRAW_ARROW,0,2);

That is without sending the color in the line...

So let us know if you trie more and the outcome...

I was utilizing the arguments for this function as defined in the MetaEditor. It has nothing about what to use or how to change it if it is not a LINE per say that is being drawn.

I recognize that the color on the end is redundant with defining them as a #property ...... at the beginning. However this has no effect on the problem of the WingDing line thickness/ weight.

ALL of the following still give me the smallest. lightest arrow possible:

SetIndexStyle(0, DRAW_ARROW, 0, 5);

// nor:

SetIndexStyle(0, DRAW_ARROW, EMPTY, 5);

// nor:

SetIndexStyle(0, DRAW_ARROW, NULL, 5);

// nor:

SetIndexStyle(0, DRAW_ARROW, 5);

ALL of them, including the last one compile just fine. But ALL of these possibilities still end up with the smallest/lightest arrow or symbol possible. Likewise if I make the 'thickness '4'' etc

Adding the color on the end of each of these options makes no difference whatsoever.

In this indicator, there are 6 symbols painted onto the chart in a number of different styles of DRAW_ARROW etc and color combinations:

SetIndexArrow(0, 233);

SetIndexArrow(1, 234);

SetIndexArrow(2, SYMBOL_STOPSIGN);

SetIndexArrow(3, SYMBOL_STOPSIGN);

SetIndexArrow(4, SYMBOL_ARROWUP);

SetIndexArrow(5, SYMBOL_ARROWDOWN);

FourX:

Then you can also trie it with beginning like....

#property indicator_chart_window
#property indicator_buffers 2
#property indicator_color1  LightSkyBlue
#property indicator_width1  2
#property indicator_color2  LightPink
#property indicator_width2  2

If that is not helping then you need to give the code so we can see where it might fail

onewithzachy:
Third parameter (style) is only for "one-pixel thick lines" (click here) so it's useless for arrow.

I realize that but I can't find any reference as to what arguments are required &/or omitted when not drawing and specifying lines per say but am drawing Arrows, WingDings etc

As stated above, I tried a number of different options for where the 'Line Style' argument normally goes. But with no luck.

deVries:

Then you can also trie it with beginning like....

If that is not helping then you need to give the code so we can see where it might fail

I tried it without any "#property .. . . . " etc at all and that didn't work.

However specifying the line width in the manner that you showed above does work.

Thanks a lot to one and all (< 8)

I've been running into this problem quite a bit and it has been driving me crazy.

FourX:

I tried it without any "#property .. . . . " etc at all and that didn't work.

However specifying the line width in the manner that you showed above does work.

Thanks a lot to one and all (< 8)

I've been running into this problem quite a bit and it has been driving me crazy.

There are a few ways to do it...

Reason: