Screenshots immediately in the right size

I like to know how I can make this picture

immediately in the right size

This is necessarry for publishing in CodeBase

If I open the inputparameters of an indicator I do not know how I can make directly a picture of the chart

So I wanna know how to do this the best way

for publishing of pictures in CodeBase the rules for pictures are

• All images must not exceed 750 pixels in width. If you insert an image of greater width, on saving it will be automatically reduced with significant loss of quality.

• Give image files meaningful names. Non-Latin characters will be automatically replaced when saving.

• Center align all the images and their captions. Format image captions using the Small style. Captions for images are not necessary, but we recommend you to use them.

• Make screenshots immediately in the right size. Do not try to reduce size of large pictures in graphical editors. In almost all cases of resizing, image quality become worse.

Who can help and answer how to do this......

deVries:

for publishing of pictures in CodeBase the rules for pictures are

• All images must not exceed 750 pixels in width. If you insert an image of greater width, on saving it will be automatically reduced with significant loss of quality.

• Give image files meaningful names. Non-Latin characters will be automatically replaced when saving.

• Center align all the images and their captions. Format image captions using the Small style. Captions for images are not necessary, but we recommend you to use them.

• Make screenshots immediately in the right size. Do not try to reduce size of large pictures in graphical editors. In almost all cases of resizing, image quality become worse.

Who can help and answer how to do this......

For a simple chart the simple way is as follows: from Mt4, File > Save as Picture > Active Chart (set the size needed in pixels)

For a screen grab it is a little more complicated, perhaps the simplest way is to adjust you MT4 terminal so it is the correct size in pixels on your screen, it must not be maximised, then you need to drag one of its corners to adjust it's size, then use Alt + Print Screen to capture just the MT4 window, then open MSPaint and paste the screen grab into Paint. From within Paint you can crop it and save it as a jpg.

Thanks for the help

For a simple chart the simple way is as follows: from Mt4, File > Save as Picture > Active Chart (set the size needed in pixels)

This is not working if you open indicators parameters

For resize with Paint get this result

Ofcours it is less quality, but i hope the picture makes clear the possibillities of the indicator

deVries:

Thanks for the help

1. This is not working if you open indicators parameters

For resize with Paint get this result

Ofcours it is less quality, but i hope the picture makes clear the possibillities of the indicator

1. that was why I included the 2nd method . . . get your MT4 terminal to the correct size before you do the screen capture . . .

RaptorUK:
1. that was why I included the 2nd method . . . get your MT4 terminal to the correct size before you do the screen capture . . .

I don't know how to get MT4 terminal to the correct size before I do the screen capture.

If I have a smaller chart and i open the parameters then the size of the parameter frame keeps the size as it has with big chart

So how to do that ?

deVries:

I don't know how to get MT4 terminal to the correct size before I do the screen capture.

If I have a smaller chart and i open the parameters then the size of the parameter frame keeps the size as it has with big chart

So how to do that ?

There are many ways . . .

I would grab a chart on it's own at the correct size using File > Save as Picture > Active Chart (set the size needed in pixels) then open this saved chart in Preview or MSPaint or any other viewer of your choice, but you must view it at 100% size. Now you can see what that size in pixels that you need (750 pixels x X pixels) looks like on your screen, now adjust your MT4 terminal to the same size, open your indicator parameters, adjust their positions and take the screen grab, open it in MSPaint and crop to suit.

Reason: