New Version of MetaTrader 4 Client Terminal Build 418 - page 3

desert_eagle:

I have lost some money with this changes, I have customers that had lost a hugh amount of money because this situation! I don't know what metaquotes think about customers who are using their platform and losing money! This is not professional work! How they will work to recover the money that customers all around the world are losing or lost until discovered this issue???

Gentlemen et al ... as a developer, I strongly suggest doing the following, as I have clients also and none have lost money in this upgrade. Why? because they have not upgraded.. ;-) I tell my clients to remove live update from their folder and only to upgrade manually from mql4.com when I've run my progs for a week or two, or at least satisfied that there are not issues.

On my 3 machines, out of 30 mt4 instances, I only have live update on one instance to let me know the testing begins again. Been there done that way too many times on these untested updates and this process has dramatically reduced the frantic calls.

Good luck, and hope this helps.

flexie:

Gentlemen et al ... as a developer, I strongly suggest doing the following, as I have clients also and none have lost money in this upgrade. Why? because they have not upgraded.. ;-) I tell my clients to remove live update from their folder and only to upgrade manually from mql4.com when I've run my progs for a week or two, or at least satisfied that there are not issues.

On my 3 machines, out of 30 mt4 instances, I only have live update on one instance to let me know the testing begins again. Been there done that way too many times on these untested updates and this process has dramatically reduced the frantic calls.

Good luck, and hope this helps.

Of course, you are absolutely right - but some of the clients will still do the upgrades, so this is not a 100% solution. 99%, but not 100%.

The 1% of the clients will lose their money, and you have absolutely no influence on that matter.

This new 418 version has a seriousl bug, it will affect all ex4 which call double DLL fuctions.

If the fuction of the DLL is double, it will return "-1.#IND" or other error value.

If the fuction of the DLL is int, it is ok.

http://Jmi8.com

Dear MetaQuotes,

All of us who writes here are programmers, just like you do. Programmers are only human and human make mistakes. So basically we can understand when other makes mistakes.

Remember Firefox 7 ?, it was announced as the browser that users have been wanting for. NOT. Came along fast lightweight Chrome and slowly but sure, Firefox share was dropping. When Chrome had problem with flash, a lot of complain came to Chrome site, some user on C|net website told that they switched to other browser (I actually switched to ... eh ... Safari). Firefox did act quickly though, now my Firefox is version 11. Looks like Firefox short lived version 8, 9 and 10. And Chrome doesn't have any problem with flash anymore. I did used IE,but that was a long long time ago - to download Firefox, that is. Now IE is just a strange name and forgotten by some. By now, I write this comment still on Chrome, though I don't like giving Google a chance to monitor my browsing habits.

Long story short. In browser world, there are other alternatives. If you don't like one browser, go to another. As simple as that. In trading, when something goes wrong, a lot of trader have no alternatives at all except losing his/her money. Seriously, that is not funny, especially that the losses was someone else fault and there are no options nor alternatives to prevent those losses from happening.

So, just my 2 cents, I think MetaTrader should have roll back version built in inside MetaTrader. If something, goes wrong, user can roll back to previous version without any problems.

Earlier I said that all of us basically can understand mistake. However, at all cost, mistake shouldn't costs other people. All of us can understand mistakes, but won't tolerate mistakes when it costs others. I think you know that better, since some of you guys, for once, lived in commy Sovyet era, where Sovyet gov tried hard to fought capitalism for commy views, but now abandon commy and actually embracing capitalism. That was a mistake that cost lives.

In my humble opinions, this is beneficial to all of us. Especially that, most broker now offering their MetaTrader by not using standalone installer but by web installer, in which MetaTrader was downloaded directly from MetaQuotes server. So there no option but accepting the latest version of MetaTrader. And in MT5, updates was downloaded immediately, with or without user concern.

Having rollback version built in inside MetaTrader, beside giving user more options - like my browser story above - and helping users avoiding some losses - if any, are also helping you saving some faces (not just from embarrassment but also from eggs, tomatoes, and ... pizza, burger, and cola (I couldn't think of anything else)) and perhaps some lawsuit. I don't think you can hide from lawsuit especially that this is not the trader's fault and don't even think some traders won't do it either. Believe this, lawyer is very good at making cases (up), like for ex that this losses was MetaQuotes responsibility because the MT was downloaded from its server. And just reminder that many exchanges now are accepting MT5, this roll back options could come handy in helping MetaQuotes itself from its own - un-deliberate - mistakes.

Maybe it's difficult to have roll back version built in inside MetaTrader, especially when the compiled mql can no longer work on previous version. But looking at the benefits I think that can be done quite easily.

I don't have problem with this version 418, cause my broker Alpari UK is very well known for making upgrade very very and very late. And now I understand why, my Alpari is still 409. The other MT is not, but lucky me, I have the previous standalone installer.

At last, thank you for making this post on top of forum, and letting us screaming, ranting at your face (I prefer burger and cola though, for myself, that is). However I do hope you do are listening to us, really listening.

PS. A friend of mine, bet that, if the version > 418 is coming very fast, it may actually version < 418 written as > 418. LOL.

Thank you for reading

And funny that in many places mt5 looks wortss than mt4.. ok mt5 have many interesting news.. but menu.. this stupid theory about FIFO.. etc.. law... mt4 still exist.. why not provide this sheme from server mt4 for mt5 platform ? Thhhhhhhousend brokers.. traders.. we have market for retail and looks evrything with bugs..

Hi,

MY METATRADER 4, HAS CRASHED...KEEPS STATING NEED TO UPGRADE SERVER.....CALL BROKER....BUT MY BROKER IS NOT ANSWERING MY PHONE CALLS.....PLEASE HELP...I HAVE MONEY IN MY ACCOUNT...AND NEED TO TRADE ON......

JONNIE

1. Don't SHOUT at us, that is RUDE!
  2. Don't resurrect old threads without a very good reason.
  3. Don't post off topic.
  4. We can not help you with your broker.
Reason: